Oldest Toyota Ever?

KEhendo

some of you may or may not have noticed this on some other forums but a man from russia claims to have the only toyota (toyopet) model AA. the very first model toyota made.

http://www.japanesenostalgiccar.com/forum/...opic.php?t=7421 have a read. i found it quite interesting and i will be following intently as i love a good barn find.

Members dont see this ad

I think its a Toyota. Pity its missing parts. As for the items those guys were pointing out I'd want to know where there update models of this car? Eg different grille, bonnet, two piece windshield? etc. I do think that the extra vents in the bonnet have been pressed at a later stage tho.

Anyone speak Russian? Would be nice if someone could ask for more pics :P

ok, so after dan's post in the jnc thread on page 5 i'm almost convinced it's an AA.

80% of the car is borderline airflow. the clincher for me is the line that the rear of the front guard follows. the AA follows and almost straight 45° line where as the airflow's guard follows the profile of the wheel more. also the area at the base of the of the a pillar in front of the top hinge. is quite similar to the AA.

lets hope toyota grabs it.

man you lost me on that? Who's denying and what's denial got to do with the epc?

I'd assume tongue in cheek.

Local Toyota Parts interpreters can't identify cars or parts without a VIN number, so therefore the car doesn't exist on their EPC.

mostly for older stuff

Correct! No VIN number then they can't look it up on their Electronic Parts catalogue (EPC).

And anything before about 1977 doesn't exist on the EPC.

So logically, if it doesn't appear on the EPC, Toyota will deny all knowledge.

Very much tongue in cheek. Sorry Philbey!