What Inserts Have You Used In Xt130 Front Struts?????

JDM55

hay guys interested in hearing what inserts you have used and from what car ,into the xt130 front struts,

I'm doing the xt130 conversion into my 55 and need to find a shorter shock, to keep my spring held in tight ,

so any one at all who has done this conversion let me know what inserts i can use ,what car they were from,and how much shorter they are ,would be very helpful cheers

Members dont see this ad

thanks guys,yeah had a read on the toy mods site,and some other sites,a bit vauge on details,

id love some konis but think the pricing gona put me off ,on a very tight budget on this build haha

so munroe actualy make a shorter stroke shock then? hmmm

just had a look at the munroe catalogue seems they only do a lowered/shorterstroke shock for fords and holdens :)

guess thats out then , ae86? shocks? any one got the measurements or can measure one for us??? can't seem to find a measurement chart anywhere for shocks , this is going to get tricky ............

• 2 weeks later...

jdm55 how low are you looking at going ? because i want to do front stru conversion so i can have some springs that are captured all the time.

I have a feeling if you want the height I'm looking for tyre level or in guard sort of thing ull need to cut the shocker casing shorter then get a shorter shock

Are you guys serious??

The oil you see inside a wet strut (ie standard Corolla strut) is the oil the strut is actually using to control bump and rebound. Its not for cooling., though that is a secondary effect.

If you put a new insert inside a strut housing, this oil/gas is contained within the strut insert. Adding oil to the top of this is pointless IMO.

It does exactly the same job-

If you put a shock inside a nice insulating metal cylinder where it doesn't touch the walls, how does it get rid of the heat that is generated in it's oil? You nice new insert will be worse off than your old wet shock!

The moment the shock oil heats up the shock loses its efficiency as the viscosity thins.

Does someone want to pour oil around ONE of their nice new shocks when they put them inside a strut and feel the temperature difference after a blast? ..or even a performance difference over a hard-working bumpy road?