Project Ke70! New Painted Pics On Last Page! :d

Dann_m

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coming along well mate.

don't laught too loud at the 3 tachos comment, you described the 3 types of gauges yourself as "3 tacos' in the original post. Are they beef, chicken or fish tacos?

fish-tacos.jpg

ah el tacos es los tacos se componen de pollo picante y ensalada de!

(why not have both! oldel tacos!) sorry you got me carried away :y: haha yeah sorry guys i went to a public school in logan, so yeah as you can tell my englash is no good :dance:

Had the day off work today, got stuck into it early this morning, pulled the struts out and put the cut springs in, also replaced the front disc brake pads and rear shoes. chucked in the cut springs and lowerd it, finnally sits right. altho I'm still abit iffy on the height at the rear, i think the front sits perfect! but the rear mite need to come up just a bit.

Going soon to pick up new tyres for my wanabes, they should be on this afternoon yay!

post-7847-1262136204_thumb.jpg

post-7847-1262136276_thumb.jpg

Yeah, rear too low will factor in understeer.

Still, they're easy to change and now you have the different options to try.

yeah i figured that, the fronts have had about 1 and half - 2 coils cut off them, luckly it's the rears that i have to change not so much a pain it's like a 10minute job, so i'll pull them out measure to the stock ones i'll probably cut about 2 coils off.

Ok so almost finished up for the day, cut the stock springs to make the rear sit abit higher compared to them gangsta low ones :) went to the tyre shop and got 4 brand new tyres fitted and balanced, also had to bleed the brakes now they are working better then ever! fitted the rear springs in and new rims, started to sand back the bonnet and boot lid ready to be painted tomoro, other pannels have been put on hold atm my sander disc broke on me this morning! Dammn! :(

Does anyone know whats good to polish up rims? these are quite dirty n all.

Heres some pics!

post-7847-1262156369_thumb.jpg

post-7847-1262156980_thumb.jpg

post-7847-1262157093_thumb.jpg

Ah thanks mate should come in handy! :)

Looking good mate. I like it that height, its about where I run mine.

If bleeding the brakes made them feel better, try flushing out all the old fluid and going again with fresh stuff. Brake fluid only lasts about a year at the most installed in a car, after which point it becomes waterlogged with humindity from the atmosphere.

Looking good mate. I like it that height, its about where I run mine.

If bleeding the brakes made them feel better, try flushing out all the old fluid and going again with fresh stuff. Brake fluid only lasts about a year at the most installed in a car, after which point it becomes waterlogged with humindity from the atmosphere.

yeah that's the perfect height i was aiming for i couldnt be happier with it myself, i think the previous owner changed the brake fluid when they replaced the brake booster and cylinder. so yeah it's working fine now, should get stuck into painting it this weekend hopefully!. does anyone know a decent cheap exhaust shop around brisbane? cheapest i got quoted was 300 for 2inch with resonator and sports muffler all the way through with my extractors installed.

Cheers.

looking good bro, kinda makes me motivated to get stuck into mine these hol's. Even if its only little bits as I'm broke. You picked the best first car btw. You'll never look back. Might need to go for an epic wreckers cruise i think...

Mmmmmmmm, taco's.

Edited by blzbub666

looking good bro, kinda makes me motivated to get stuck into mine these hol's. Even if its only little bits as I'm broke. You picked the best first car btw. You'll never look back. Might need to go for an epic wreckers cruise i think...

Mmmmmmmm, taco's.

Haha thanks bro i need to hit up the wreckers soon aswell lol.

I've got a mate to lend me an orbital sander for the mean time he has 2 so we should get stuck into the car today and smash it. i'll also paint the bonnet and bootlid today hopefully.

:) happy new year everyone.

Ok so this morning i woke up at 5am, got stuck into it. taping up all the windows frames handles etc, started painting about 6am was dead calm no wind and perfect temprature so i coverd it in primer, once it dryed i sanded it back.

hit it with the silver x2 coats, removed the bonnet and boot lid then hit it with 3 coats of clear.

painted the bonnet and boot lid with flat pearl black then hit it with 1 coat of clear, i ran out of thinners.

i'll let the pics do the talking for now :) still some painting to be done like mirrors door frames bumpers and grill.

post-7847-1262401851_thumb.jpg

Starting to tape up.

post-7847-1262401941_thumb.jpg

post-7847-1262402015_thumb.jpg

In primer ready to go Bonnet and boot lid being taken off.

post-7847-1262402128_thumb.jpg

post-7847-1262402212_thumb.jpg

post-7847-1262402278_thumb.jpg

post-7847-1262402353_thumb.jpg

The end product! :y: Looks better then before haha.

Plans for the future; exhaust next week, stezza i just bought to be put in, paint the bumpers etc black.

new door trims and she should be done, possibly going quad headlights chrome bumpers and fendor mirros i'll have to wait about 2 - 3 weeks tho, my pay checks are all gone haha. :(

Let me know what use think!

Dan that came up overrated will have to come around to have a look at it in person again, that height suits those wheels man i think personally it would look phat dumped but it's your car not mine so i can't complain but i think you might have made a good choice by taking only two coils off the rear stock springs bud

once my license sorts itself out mate we'll go for a cruise just gotta polish those wheels and paint them again it will be good

Cheers Justin

Edited by SLW42

Dan that came up overrated will have to come around to have a look at it in person again, that height suits those wheels man i think personally it would look phat dumped but it's your car not mine so i can't complain but i think you might have made a good choice by taking only two coils off the rear stock springs bud

once my license sorts itself out mate we'll go for a cruise just gotta polish those wheels and paint them again it will be good

Cheers Justin

Thanks Champ ;), I'm going to paint the rest of it today so it should look sweet i'll take some decent pics after i clean her up abit. 10 more days till i get my lisence woohooo! :lolcry: can't wait then i can start cruising with the best of the best hahah.