Beauc's Ke30

Beauc

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its deffinately a TA22 T50. I'm more so intersted in the bellhousing! :)

I think with your KE3X being an auto the shifter will actually come through in a KE70 position, hence the top (dirty) T50 will better suit this.

Saying that though the you'll need to mod the tailshaft for that one, where if you used the TA22 T50 then the stock tailshaft will go straight up its arse.

Half a dozen of 1, 6 of the other!

Hey beau,

you want to get the motor sitting as far back as possible.

obviously don't mount it hard against the firewall but you would be better of weight wise and radiator / fan room wise. (intercooler)

Yeah i did want to go back a bit further for this reason, but its going to be up to my mate who is fabricating the mounts

if he can come up with something suitable, i was going to run a remote oil filter because its in a bad spot for how we wanted to make the

mounts up, but we are just going to work around it now.

I'll keep you posted with the outcome anyhow, thanks mate!

Well its defently t50 and my guess that its ta22 box ,with a tseries bell housing.The shifter position is perfect fit for a ke30 55,no cutting floor pan.

With yours being a auto I'm not sure where the shifter came out of the floor.

rob

Its deffinately a TA22 T50. I'm more so intersted in the bellhousing! :)

I think with your KE3X being an auto the shifter will actually come through in a KE70 position, hence the top (dirty) T50 will better suit this.

Saying that though the you'll need to mod the tailshaft for that one, where if you used the TA22 T50 then the stock tailshaft will go straight up its arse.

Half a dozen of 1, 6 of the other!

Well lets put it this way, i'm gonna make one good one out of the two! I'm going to use the dirty one at the top

and use a few parts out of the bellhousing end from the ta22 spec one, cause I'm missing the little plate from the other.

I have a manual and a auto tailshaft sitting in my garage so i guess one of them would have fit the 20 spline but this turned up

today to use for the 22 spline (the top one) so i can get a custom tailshaft made up

SNC00074jpeg.jpg

Also the bellhousing on the celica one is alot bigger too!

ETA on completed car man?

Hopefully end of this month it should at least be running, a lot of stuff will be getting done in the next couple of weeks such as putting the mounts in and bolting the engine up, wiring, fitting the pedal box and hydraulics for the clutch, then around mid february Just Jdm should have the rest of the bits from japan that I am waiting on (alt bracker, altenator etc), tailshaft should be getting made too. Its all time and money really and there's too many damn events in feb like mates birthdays etc, I have two this weekend, doh! But I am picking up my flywheel etc while I'm there so it's kinda productive!! How's your beasties coming along?

Yeah road trip would be good once i get it running and reliable! I was going to do it before i did the motor but i didn't trust the 3k!

Good too see your making progress too!

Confirmed two things tonight

The first is that the yoke i bought from Hardy Spicer fits the aus spec t50, 22 spline, out of whatever it came out of and thats what box i am going to use!!

And the second thing is that the manual tail shaft i have fits the 20 spline box out of the ta22

So basically i have two boxes which i can use if i have any drama's, woohoo!

hey beauc nice to see it all coming along good

just wanna no have you fort about what kinda brake upgrade

you will be doing i still have the ra40 celica brakes if you want them

they allready have the ke30 top hats and lowering spring and all fit in

nice just need new disk's and some pads let us no

cheers shaun

Hey Shaun, Cheers dude i will definantly look into it when i get the thing running again, i will need to sort out the suspension

as it was already like driving a bus with the 3k in it haha.

Got a TXT off my mate a few minutes ago and he sent me a pic of the Cam Covers i gave him to powder coat

Gonna polish up the text off the top and the should be right to go back on the engine

SNC00077jpeg.jpg

Looks good man :)

What size rotors are on the RA40 struts?

not to sure but it needs new one's tho

pads are good but up to you if you use them

beauc there all ready to go in. i had them in my car just fitted

but i needed a smaller LCA ke70!!! or addjustible camber top's

wheels where like this /---\ only alittle bit but

would be good for track use. when you came over they where

on the car. if you want have a look around and see what will be a

a good brake upgrade I'm sure someone will fill you in ra40,ra60 and corona upgrades

cheers shaun

Cheers, my main concern is getting a set of rims similar to these to fit on to the car, i want it to have a fairly

mean jap-spec stance, Might even pump the guards out a bit i am not sure yet!

67643335.jpg

10ax.jpg

As for the wiring loom i got bored tonight and started to label it using these sheets, although, its still rather confusing!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg