Beauc's Ke30

Beauc

Action shots are good.

Whats your thoughts on the fender mirrors ? Any good or bit of a pain in the arse to use ?

I suppose the fender mirrors would get rid of the blindspot a bit too yeah? I'm still tossing up between wing and fender mirrors. They look mad on the older rollas but on an e7? Would have to be the right ones i suppose.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose the fender mirrors would get rid of the blindspot a bit too yeah? I'm still tossing up between wing and fender mirrors. They look mad on the older rollas but on an e7? Would have to be the right ones i suppose.

Yeah they do take a bit of getting used to, and also, if they get bumped you have to pull over to adjust them

which is the most annoying part!!

And here's what a sev should look like imo

nats2004%20s3.jpg

nats2004%20s17.jpg

:)

Had a few positives and a few negatives today!

Shifter turned up from Rob (Corollaart), He's a bloody champion and a genuine bloke for sending it to me, Will send through some $$$ tonight man.

Also did a random stop in at a bloke i know around town and asked if he had much stuff for a 4AGE and he pretty much had all the bits

i am chasing so he told me to make up a list and come back and see him and i should be able to sort something out with him and get this thing

running!!

Setbacks was lack of tools and time to get started on the damn thing, I've recently started a new job and am strapped for cash but i had plenty

of time as i am a casual but the money and shifts are picking up big time so goodbye time to work on the beast and hello $$$, I can't win ;)

I've got weekends and night's still to work on it, but having such a shit space to work on it is a bit of a downer, as i live in an apartment complex where

i have limited room, i'll have to source some ramps to borrow to drop the box out sometime in the next week!!

Pic of Shifter

IMG00793.jpg

Edited by Beauc

Todays update: Undid everything, took out battery, radiator, shroud etc etc ready for the engine to come out on

Thursday afternoon as it's my next bit of time off, and while i was in the garage i found my card reader so i can stop

posting these shitty phone pictures !!

Here's the shot as she sits at the moment, Last shit picture (i swear :S)

IMG00798.jpg

Thanks mate!

Went down and had another look at it tonight, got a quick question, with the auto box, is there a little black flap

on it where i can undo the bolts and make sure the torque convertor stays with the box when i undo

the bellhousing bolts? I'm trying not to get any oil on the floor if possible, is this the best way about it??

Also, when putting in the 4age, should i hook up the box to the back and lower it in as one piece or

should i put the box in first etc etc....

Half day tomorrow, hoping to have it knocked over!!

Still deciding weather or not to do they bay while the engine is out, what are your thoughts on VS commodore

Cherry black/purple?

Cheers.

Don't worry, dropped oil out of the transmission tonight, dropped engine oil, undid engine mounts, engine is free now and i just

have to take the tailshaft out and the motor and box will be out in one piece tomorrow night!!! :jamie::D:D

But there's now a dilemma....

The project must be running in FOUR f@$kING WEEKS!!!! My old man decided to sell his 4x4 which i've been using as a daily

so i have to get my arse into gear and get this motor that's only half complete into a runner and driving in my car so i can get to work :lolcry::S

Well i guess this can be an update, the 3k and box is out, I did it with a socket set, 2 x screwdrivers and an engine crane,

I think i did well with the limited tools and such a small space, as you will see from the pictures!!

Had my mate who is fabricating the engine mounts come around and have a squiz at it, the mounts will be made up this week

hopefully and he offered to do the wiring too which will save me some time carting it to my other mate in Sydney!

Main thing now it to get the 4AGE mounted in the bay, not sure if i am going to use this engine as i need to hunt

a few bits for it or just buy a runner from an importer, doing 60 hour weeks come in handy when you need cash for

the car :y:

Measurements and dummy fit tomorrow for the new motor and box.

Few pics, have a look how much higher it sits with no engine :jamie:

And most of that oil on the ground was from the previous owner of the garage, i was

surprised how little oil i spilt..

engineout1.jpg

S7300045.jpg

S7300044.jpg

S7300043.jpg

S7300042.jpg

S7300041.jpg

S7300040.jpg

S7300039.jpg

S7300038.jpg

Ok had to do some grocery shopping and clean the house today so i didn't get the motor sitting in the bay yet

but i did get some better photos of the engine.

I also need help with a few other things that are important

Fuel setup i've been thinking, anything else i've missed?

*VL pump

*Surge tank

*Lines

How do people usually mount the T50 box with the standard gearbox member?

Does the standard ke30 tailshaft fit into the T50?

Can anyone help me spot whats missing to get it running?

Whats a whole 16v usually go for at the wreckers?

*Exhaust manifold

*Dizzy

*Injectors

*Alternator

*Alternator bracket

*Loom

*ECU

*Starter

S7300047.jpg

S7300048.jpg

S7300049.jpg

S7300050.jpg