Greenmacs Other Ke!!

greenmac80

Nah dude earthed it more i now have 4 earths. Cranks heaps faster now. Still being a bitch to start but the sparks are a result of the rather loud grinding noise. It does seem to make sense the bell plate hitting if it has slipped then i will be aligning it and installing 2 6mm dowels to ensure it doesn't happen again.

Members dont see this ad

Ok so motor is out and the bell plate did slip everything seems ok though. So fairly easy fix will def dowel it so it doesn't happen again. There are a couple of ways i can go about it as well. Also my starting problem i believe is the timing belt for my dizzy has stretched quite a bit. So i'll be adding some more bracing and also a proper bearing tensioner. Will also fix my exhaust as it hangs too low and is resting on my diff. Couple more weeks methinks.

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers bro.

So far i've done sfa to the car. Seriously cbf.

I have however replaced the rear main oil seal installed the dowells and pressed the new throwout bearing on. Bell plate is bolted on and it aint gonna move now. Hoping to have it all together by sunday night. See how i go.

ok motor is back in... front end back on... only have to put the ancillaries on.. ie wiring radiator fuel etcetc.

also i have half done the adjustab;e bearing tensioner arm for my dizzy belt. hopefully be driving it again by the wkend.

so while the motor was out.. the front and rear main engine seals were changed. dowells were installed...

neatened up a few things regarding the bell plate. rear g/box seal was replaced also as they were ALL leaking.

also resealed the sump and that was leaking also. hopefully the f@$ker doesn't leak anymore.

well f@$k this shite... car not going... seems the coil has decided to shit itself... sooo off to my local u pull it to get a corolla coil cos

they don't have any starlets there. so fingers crossed tomorrow i'm driving the bitch again.

okok so not the coil either... i have found the problem methinks... the efi stuff isn't running through a relay and

these cars don't have starter relays either... so everything is going through the ignition switch.

so when ignition is ON the injectors dizzy etc all get power... using a test light... when cranking the dizzy power feed drops almost by half using the test light..

so its almost as if the current drop is too much for the ignition to do its thang.. i believe this is right as you can push start the car but cannot start is by cranking.

so tomorrow i will be installing a relay for the starter to see if that fixes the problem.

okok so not the coil either... i have found the problem methinks... the efi stuff isn't running through a relay and

these cars don't have starter relays either... so everything is going through the ignition switch.

so when ignition is ON the injectors dizzy etc all get power... using a test light... when cranking the dizzy power feed drops almost by half using the test light..

so its almost as if the current drop is too much for the ignition to do its thang.. i believe this is right as you can push start the car but cannot start is by cranking.

so tomorrow i will be installing a relay for the starter to see if that fixes the problem.