Fuel Consumption

Hi guys just posting this into the section of off topic for the car aint a Toyota little lown a rolla but you might be able to help me i have a ford falcon XE with a webber carby on it and i get 300k/s on a tank of juice (60litres) and if i put the foot down at all then the consuption will go as low as 150kms / 60L any clues would be helpful its got a standard 4.1 litre motor in it any more info i can get for you later.

Thanks in anticipation.

Members dont see this ad

thats about normal for an XE innit? take the old 250 crossflow out and put a proper engine in there :P

seriously, the usual. do a compression test on your engine to make sure you're not feeding fuel to a dead engine, rebuild the carby maybe, check all your fuel lines aren't split and leaking, etc etc

Unknown to you all, I am a Ford man too. I've had....let me count.....1,2,3,4,5! Fords, plus my current one, the EA 5 speed with EB multi-point 4.0L, EF Thermofan conversion and EB XR8 LSD, putting out about 120kw at the wheels and its lowered and stuff.

I've owned that model falcon before. Maybe you should get it tuned, gap the spark plugs a bit smaller to get a better burn.

Thats about all i can suggest really. My cortina used a heap of fuel but that was worked 250 X-flow, mild cam, pacemaker extractors, 350 Holey, sports exhaust and 4 speed manual.

A gasket kit for the carby would probably help things along too.

Thats bad I used to get around 400 to a tank from my many XF's. Even my old XD with the 302 gave me 350km to a tank.

Try a carby kit and all things said before and get a good tune from a person that realy knows how to tune the crossflow with a webber. Go to a workshop that rebuilds carbys and nothing else for advice.