S13/180sx Rear End Into Ke70??

keto_drifts

Members dont see this ad

for beginners - how about all the mounts/mounting points and chassis reinforcing to fit an independent rear end into a car that runs a live rear axle.

not sure why you would bother with a little ke70. spend your money on a decent live axle rear end and spend your money some where better!

Surely you'd cut the rear floorpan out of both cars and then fit the Nissan one in the 'rolla??

That would put all your mounts in place with the right reinforcing, you'd just have to match the panels.

:dance: what he said ,but you would need a lot of skill and no how.

I have a mate with a panel shop and builds hot rods and i still shake my head at what these guys can do .

rob

whats the width of the s13 rear end compared with the corolla.

comparing wheel track, not a perfect science since wheel offset plays a part, but gives some idea, shows the track of the corolla at 1405mm and the s13 at 1461

so 56mm or 28mm a side wider. thats quite a bit wider, but probably not the end of the world.

shortening everything (arms, driveshafts, cross member) would be a nightmare if you couldnt accomodate that extra width

whats the width of the s13 rear end compared with the corolla.

comparing wheel track, not a perfect science since wheel offset plays a part, but gives some idea, shows the track of the corolla at 1405mm and the s13 at 1461

so 56mm or 28mm a side wider. thats quite a bit wider, but probably not the end of the world.

shortening everything (arms, driveshafts, cross member) would be a nightmare if you couldnt accomodate that extra width

not registering so i was going to flare guards or get bolt ons

Surely you'd cut the rear floorpan out of both cars and then fit the Nissan one in the 'rolla??

That would put all your mounts in place with the right reinforcing, you'd just have to match the panels.

i did consider doing that but i don't have the floor .. could get the diff easy enough but yeah don't have the whole s13 to play with

Edited by keto_drifts

why i would bother is because its different .. i could just whack a cut down 31 diff in it but then itd be like every other modded ke70 (will probs be what i do if this doesnt work). if it can be done then sweet and if not then there was no harm in asking

Masturbating with a cheese grater is different too, but not at all practical. A lot like this. You'd be spending a lot of blood sweat and tears on a set-up that may or may not work at the end of the day, because if everything is not sitting.... just..... so, it's going to be a backwards step.

Don't reinvent the wheel if it doesn't need reinventing IMHO. I wouldn't do it, and I have above average fabrication skills.

I think the wheel alignment would be the killer.

When you're working on a couple of mm for toein it means every part of the new suspension must be in exactly the right place within those couple of mm. Even welding a mount in will lead to heat distortion that might be enough to put it out by too much.

You'd probably end up with a car that oversteers in one direction and understeers in the other...