My Ke55 Hardtop

olskool

I purchased this awesome little car not long ago now.

It is a very clean vehicle, it drives really smooth on the road and it is very comfortable. It has a fully rebuilt diff, a well looked after 4K, all rust has been cut out and new plates welded in, and also a full respray, as in door jams, engine bay, boot etc etc. :D

Overall I am very happy with the little beast. :yes:

Since I have had it I have only put the dress rims on and the eyelids. :wink:

I actually, (quite surprisingly) can't bring myself to modify this car as per the norm. Lowering, exhaust etc etc. Although I think I will lower it a bit but not so much that it will be breaking back low. Just aiming for a little clean cruiser.

Hope you guys like it. :)

By the way, I am not allowing this car to hinder the progress on my KE55 sedan. :no2:

post-2171-1264886624_thumb.jpg post-2171-1264886671_thumb.jpg

post-2171-1264886704_thumb.jpg post-2171-1264886737_thumb.jpg

post-2171-1264886764_thumb.jpg

Members dont see this ad

KE35 Late 1974 - 1978

Early KE35 - different apron, dash, seats, grille and bonnet with chrome inserts. The washer button on the wiper stalk is green too, trip metre and same steering wheel as the KE50. Autos with Toyoglide. 3K engine and Jap diff.

Late KE35 - KE55 apron, KE55 dash, early KE55 seats, new grille, Same bonnet as early KE35 but with built in vents running vertically, centre console for manuals as well as the autos and door trims change pattern and door handles. Also has new steel rims with centre caps and some have a chrome mudflap on the front guards (This year model only), KE55 booster and master cylinder, borg warner diff. KE55 Belt buckets and latches changed. Autos now with trimattic.

KE55s Late 1978 - 1981

Early KE55 - New raised bonnet with thick centre chrome strip and built in vents (slashed horizontally), new centre caps and rims again (Look the same but slight change in design), new grille, KE55 door handles, 4K, fan shroud on the radiator. Standard KE55 Steering wheel. KE55 rubber ended bumpers.

Late KE55 - Thicker front swaybar, rear swaybar, square headlights and grille, squarer rear tail lights, FM radio (XX), intermittent wipers,, xx rims (XX), flat chrome strip on bonnet, seats with removable headrests, velour seats (XX), new door trims with pockets/carpet and velour (XX), 5 speed (XX). Wrap around bumpers with bump strips.

I'm sure there is more but I don't have time to remember the rest. ;)

Jon.

Wow...i wish my 35 body was like yours when i bought it, would save so much work. Oh and another difference is the front brake calipers are different from a 35 to a 55. 55 calipers are skinnier and bigger braking area. found out the hard way when i tried to fit dragways without a spacer ;)

Edited by jono1986

Thank you everyone for your comments.

Another difference I am sure between the 35 and 55 would be bumpers. My one has the rubber ends where as the 35 has full chrome ones don't they.

I don't have any pictures of the interior yet. The roof lining, door trims dash and carpet are all in perfect condition. The seats have a bit of tearing in them, but I do want to fix that.

Evan G, yes I will get a picture of the car at night, it does look awesome. I know exactly what you mean. I just hope the pictures turn out well. I will get them up soon.