February 8, 201016 yr comment_412006 Hi guys, I've been on this forum for a few weeks and am slowly learning all about corollas. I notice everyone here always talks about slanty vs flat. I have no idea what that is?? Can someone please enlighten me? Pics would be appreciated. Also, was this a choice with just KE70s (which I have) or other models too? Cheers, Mark Report
February 8, 201016 yr comment_412010 http://www.rollaclub.com/board/index.php?a...=si&img=434 Slanty and flat side by side. (Brown ones flat, other two are slanty) Report
February 8, 201016 yr comment_412018 http://www.rollaclub.com/board/index.php?a...=si&img=434 Slanty and flat side by side. (Brown ones flat, other two are slanty) I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say slant for the win. Report
February 8, 201016 yr Author comment_412024 I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say slant for the win. ok so basically the slanty has wraparound bumper and lights, whereas flat is more front on. Got it :) Were they produced as the same time, or was one before the other? Mine is slanty. Report
February 8, 201016 yr comment_412031 Flat came out first than the slanted one was the update. Then they updated it once more by changing the engine to an A series engine. Report
February 8, 201016 yr comment_412044 Flat came out first than the slanted one was the update. Then they updated it once more by changing the engine to an A series engine. Flat front is the earlier style. The one with the sealed beams and silver painted light buckets that looks a bit more oldschool. This came out in Australia in 1981 generally, although overseas I have seen different front ends again for different years. Ive seen this front on cars from as far back as 1979 while browsing the web. Theres also the slant front in Australia, which superseded the earlier style front in 1983. At this time, as stated above, they also offered the ae71 model, which is the same chassis and a different motor. 1.6 badge on the side. Ke70s after 1983 are all slant front, just like the AE71s. They have brighter headlights thanks to using a more modern bulb design. There are semi sealed conversions for early flat front to allow the use of the same bulb type. I think its h4 halogen, but I'm no expert on headlights. To answer your next question you can swap all the different panels over from car to car, with minimal modifications. It all pretty much bolts up, but you need the full set of front end panels and should swap the wiring loom over cause the early style has an extra bulb to power for the side marker lights. All the wiring is plug and play the same between aussie delivered models. There are different front ends on the panos and the T18 aswell. t18 had 2 styles of front end, but the gaurds wont fit on a ke70, a bit different around the door seam. Edited February 8, 201016 yr by LittleRedSpirit Report
February 8, 201016 yr comment_412078 K motor slanties are the preferred choice of science teachers and the mentally ill. Report
February 8, 201016 yr comment_412087 K motor slanties are the preferred choice of science teachers and the mentally ill. Ohh thems fighting words! Report
February 8, 201016 yr comment_412089 Ohh thems fighting words! What are you gunna do... Its hard to beat someone with a flailing bunsen burner whilst wearing a straight jacket... Report
February 8, 201016 yr comment_412091 They are both good *cough, flat slanty is better, cough* Edited February 8, 201016 yr by irokin Report
February 8, 201016 yr comment_412094 They are both good *cough, flat slanty is better, cough* I knew SOMEONE else would agree! Report
February 8, 201016 yr comment_412099 aaah waving the magic admin stick.... The last refuge of a scoundrel. Tsk tsk. Report
February 8, 201016 yr comment_412111 aaah waving the magic admin stick.... The last refuge of a scoundrel. Tsk tsk. More like slanty front ingenuity, something a flat front could only ever wish for :) .... Oh shit I just remembered Teddy has ... RUNAWAY! Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now