Rough Price Auto>manual Conversion For Ke7

andrushenko

Members dont see this ad

If the car is as good as the k's suggest then just buy it, ask questions later.

There would be a handful of KE's like that left in Adelaide.

I would do it for you but you lowballed me on my Laser so you would most likely lowball my quote for work :)

Parts for the conversion will probably set you back about $200 - $300 depending on where you get them from. The work would be like $500 or more if you paid a mechanic. Personally I would charge about $300 for this kind of thing because I consider my time to be valuable.

Its not hard to do yourself, but it is time-consuming. I don't think a mechanic would get it done in a day, the pedalbox is a killer.

You need to get the driveshaft end altered, and the best thing to do is have a whole manual Corolla to grab bits off, rather than trying to buy bits piece by piece.

Get a 5speed, not a 4spd. The diff has a lower gearing in the auto (4.3 instead of 4.1 I think) but the 5speed runs nicely on that. The 4speed revs its ring off.

Here is how to do it-

http://www.ke70.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1493

If the car is as good as the k's suggest then just buy it, ask questions later.

There would be a handful of KE's like that left in Adelaide.

I would do it for you but you lowballed me on my Laser so you would most likely lowball my quote for work :)

Parts for the conversion will probably set you back about $200 - $300 depending on where you get them from. The work would be like $500 or more if you paid a mechanic. Personally I would charge about $300 for this kind of thing because I consider my time to be valuable.

haha don't have a cry :P

I'm located in adelaide.

so you reckon around 500 bucks would get me manual? including labour if i sourced my own parts and looked for private work?

Yes, buy a manual wreck because you'll need the flywheel and clutch as well- If you buy a gearbox that's probably all you'll get, and you will need all sorts of little things off the manual car. I assume you want to end up with a car that looks like it was made with a manual, not some half-done conversion with no gearbox boot.

We paid $450 for the manual car and sold it after taking out the manual bits for $200. It is now undergoing some minor modification here on Rollaclub...

You can do the work yourself, its much easier than tackling motor work as there is no complicated tuning involved. Just unbolt stuff off one car and bolt it onto the other.