20v In Ke10

KO 10

Champion team effort P-M-R over the long weekend picked the wreckers did a 5ooKm tour of the MIA riverina had a blast in the highlands then b-lined it through Wagga back home with the bounty ke10 and all the spares chrome and panels to start work on KO 10 (whitie) again Oh What a Feeling

• 1 month later...
Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a bit of an update all happening again now the cars at home in the shed and a week off too so here's what's happened

Hand break adapted from commodore too toyota easy as then ran new front break lines had a little bit of stuffing around cause the

Standard VR flexible lines were shorter so wouldn't reach the bracket so moved the bracket not rocket science but hey ,need some remote fluid bottles that look nice and aren't massive I need three two for breaks one for clutch ( might make them ),also knocked up a front spoiler out of alloy nothing huge but neat and then onto the rear shocks the standard 10 shocks fit but are well inadequate at best and will have to source some adjustable coils I read about being able to adapt commodore ute shocks but there's the fella who's ads on the R Club home page who's very clued up . Then the fun starts flaring the guards there's a few options - cut n weld on , cut inner guard then pump out and fill this will be a panel beaters job f$&k it they know what there doing and I'm sure it's going to be worth the cash outlay

I did a remote mount resi setup for my old mans 1600. Did it for around $120 all up, which was almost 1/10th of the cost of a Tilton billet resi setup. That was for two, but three wouldn't be hard.

Pics are on the first page here.

http://www.rollaclub.com/board/topic/56334-the-dirty-datto-1600/page__pid__663695__st__30#entry663695

Edited by kickn5k

Fixed:

Sorry I'm not trying to be a dick or anything but I really struggled to read that, I'm sure others will too.

Just a bit of an update, it's all happening again now. The cars at home in the shed and a week off too so here's what's happened:

- Hand break adapted from Commodore to Toyota, easy as.

- Then ran new front break lines, had a little bit of stuffing around cause the standard VR flexible lines were shorter so wouldn't reach the bracket. So I moved the bracket, not rocket science but hey. I need to get some remote fluid bottles that look nice and aren't massive, I need three: two for the brakes and one for the clutch (might make them).

- Also knocked up a front spoiler out of alloy, nothing huge but neat.

Then onto the rear shocks, the standard 10 shocks fit but are well inadequate at best. I read about being able to adapt commodore ute shocks but there's the fella who's ads on the R Club home page who's very clued up. I will also have to source some adjustable coils.

Then the fun starts flaring the guards. There's a few options: cut n weld on, cut inner guard then pump out and fill. This will be a panel beater's job, f$&k it they know what there doing and I'm sure it's going to be worth the cash outlay.

Also, I'm really liking the look of this car, but I see what you mean about needing to flare the guards. It must be almost undriveable like that!

Edited by rian

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...