20v In Ke10

KO 10

[]Here are some picks of my ke10 project started years ago but am getting closer now the

car runs on VR commodor disc's,struts and shortened VR diff. The 20v has had a bit of work

o-ringed heavy valve springs port n polish ,then 4agze block, forged pistons ,TRD bearings and seals

,I'm heading towards a GT28 turbo (or if anyone knows of a better one please let me know ) also 550cc

injectors but don't know if I can get that size in side feed to suit the stock T-body also any help would be

handypost-8410-1267146072_thumb.jpgattachment=51764:Picture_126.jpg[attachme

nt=51765:Picture_129.jpg]

post-8410-1267146224_thumb.jpg

post-8410-1267146344_thumb.jpg

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm liking your build! What front suspension setup are you running?

Anymore pictures?

the swing arms are later corolla and the struts are VR commodor i've adapted the holden to toyota by a small tapered sleave then replaced the top spring carrier with the same later model corolla partspost-8410-1267251919_thumb.jpgpost-8410-1267252354_thumb.jpg

Edited by KO 10

the swing arms are later corolla and the struts are VR commodor i've adapted the holden to toyota by a small tapered sleave then replaced the top spring carrier with the same later model corolla partspost-8410-1267251919_thumb.jpgpost-8410-1267252354_thumb.jpg

here are a couple more photo, the old girls in good nick just a few cosmetics neededpost-8410-1267252864_thumb.jpgthe fat tyres jamed under the guards bolt on to a VR commodor diffpost-8410-1267252916_thumb.jpg20V should rocket post-8410-1267253099_thumb.jpg

Damn, looks like a wild build man, GT28 is a nice responsive turbo on the 4A's, you'll want something a little bigger if you're chasing silly numbers though. I was kinda shocked that duggy's old bigport 4AGZE with a chinese T3/T4 hybrid .64 A/R was making 8psi before 4000rpm, and close to 300hp atw on 16psi once we got enough spark to it. For the injectors you can use any 1JZ or 2JZ item, they're a direct fit on the 20V rail, JDM are 440cc, I think the USDM ones come in at over 500cc though.

Keep the quads though, definitely give better response, but make sure your tuner has worked on similar setups, definitely a little tricky to get it running rice on low throttle.

I hope the front suspension works ok, I've often looked at the commodore gear wondering if it'd work ok. It can be a pain if the struts you choose have a different kingpin angle as the scrub radius of the outer edge of the tyre can take a path that can create chronic under steer if not enough of the tyre is making contact with the road. I'm pretty certain you can get adjustable camber bolts so it should tweak out to some degree, but sometimes the steering arm ends up swinging on bad curvature when you tweak the camber. A good suspension shop should be able to work it out if it handles odd. Ah well, hope it works well, as I might go down the same path to get some nice big brakes.

Damn, looks like a wild build man, GT28 is a nice responsive turbo on the 4A's, you'll want something a little bigger if you're chasing silly numbers though. I was kinda shocked that duggy's old bigport 4AGZE with a chinese T3/T4 hybrid .64 A/R was making 8psi before 4000rpm, and close to 300hp atw on 16psi once we got enough spark to it. For the injectors you can use any 1JZ or 2JZ item, they're a direct fit on the 20V rail, JDM are 440cc, I think the USDM ones come in at over 500cc though.

Keep the quads though, definitely give better response, but make sure your tuner has worked on similar setups, definitely a little tricky to get it running rice on low throttle.

I hope the front suspension works ok, I've often looked at the commodore gear wondering if it'd work ok. It can be a pain if the struts you choose have a different kingpin angle as the scrub radius of the outer edge of the tyre can take a path that can create chronic under steer if not enough of the tyre is making contact with the road. I'm pretty certain you can get adjustable camber bolts so it should tweak out to some degree, but sometimes the steering arm ends up swinging on bad curvature when you tweak the camber. A good suspension shop should be able to work it out if it handles odd. Ah well, hope it works well, as I might go down the same path to get some nice big brakes.

thanks all 1-2jz mmm should be a few around at jap imports . Beerhead you sound like your've done this befor

a friends running a big port with the ze bottom he also has a GT28 on it what do you think we could get out of it

he has'nt dynoed it only tuned by Qickfit with an autronic comp ,we are both looking for reliable but impessive hp

I dicided on the commodore puerly because they were cheep,common and the size was rite...big. The camber may be a prob but like you suggested a bit of tweaking the bottom camber bolts and the top is also going to be adjustable i should be able to get it rite ,my mate is very clued up with this so if we do come accross anything strange i'll post it so no one else needs to go there post-8410-1267336402_thumb.jpg

Hey, I haven't boosted a 4AGE myself, but have had a few mates play with them over the years, one of the most respected 1600's you can get that's for sure. ATM I'm rwding a 3SGE to expand my horizons and diminish my sanity :hmm:

It's all about the bottom end on these old 4A's. Yeah they're tuff as hell, but if the prior owner was a prick and didn't like oil changes the death rattles will normally put the tuner off pushing it too hard.

Most see 140-150rwkw at 10-12psi maybe a bit more on a GT28. Have a bit of a search on the club, should be a few people who've had a tinker on similar setups.

Did you keep the original cross member or adapt one from ke20. Curious as to what model control arms/radius rods etc you used, and how you got it all to fit. Sweet ride, doing similar to my ke18, would appreciate more details/pics with regard to your front end :blinks:

love the build, lots of new ideas there.

For the turbo, you need to decide how much rwhp you want, and what boost you would like to run, and how much lag you are willing to put up with.

A bottom end like yours is capable of making plenty of reliable power, the ze bottom end is a good thing.

t28s come in many different guises, in the second hand variety the s15 silvia has the largest suitable one, the gtir t28 is larger but also has a .86 rear so not so good for the 1600.

In new, the GT28rs is an insane turbo, capable of making 300rwhp, and making a very attractive power curve, just make sure you use the small rear housing (.63).

Some serious plans for the 10 here mate.

I guess once you get the front struts sitting correctly you can look down the path of VR upgrade setups. The only thing that will limit you is wheel size.

Oh and having to run a ghey wheel stud pattern :yes:

Good luck with it mate! If your chasing high power numbers go a GT2871rs or even a gt30 however it will make the car f@$king crazy to drive. Even with 200kw atws it will be scary to steer on full boost. GOT TRACTION?

well the turbo hunt is still on ,with so many good turbo's avalible i'll just have to sort out what i wana do eg circuit, hill climb or what but if thats my only worry lol as for the front end it's KE30 cross member i'll get some photo's of it soon and show how we've welded it in plus with the K-Mac sway bar it'll get in the way so it has to be incorperated into the front as well because you wont be able to put it in later ,if you want it in there at all that is ,photo's will clear it up for all to see mmm roll cage don't know if i have to by law or not but i don't want to if i can it's just i love the low back seats and break neck power . Hey PIMP-MY-ROLLA...CONGRATULATIONS ON THE NEW BABY!!!! another rev head on deck

now if i give you a new back seat for KO's twin you recon you'll have another one to make it three ???