Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Site Downtime

Featured Replies

So I'm planning on migrating to a new server and hopefully that should happen starting on Friday 26th. The servers actually ready to go now but I need a weekend to keep an eye on it and seen as I'm busy this weekend it'll have to be next.

 

 

So whats the plan?

1. irokin stocks up on redbull, v, no doz etc

2. Site goes down at about 6pm AEST Friday 26th

3. I finish the data sync (95% of the site has already been transferred to the new server)

4. Config checks etc etc etc few things need to be changed.

5. Check the sites functions and some synthetic load testing. Optimise some stuff.

6. Site should be back up by hopefully 12am on Saturday 27th. Probably earlier and hopefully not later.

 

Now even though the site will be back up, expect minor disruptions for at least a few days while I fine tune the server config. Sythentic testing is good, real load is better. They'll be so small that most people probably wont even notice them, you might get a connection timeout or "IPS Driver Error". Just give it 30 seconds and try again.

 

So I just thought I'd get the message out there in advance so I don't have a bunch of messages next Friday from people freaking out while I'm trying to work. Friday/Saturday is our quietest time of the week so I'm hoping to disrupt as few people possible. I'll try to make sure I have something on the placeholder page to occupy your time. I know the QLD Fools cruise and a Radrollaz cruise are on that weekend. I'll try and make a static copy of the threads available during the downtime and any messages regarding last minute changes of plans will be on the placeholder page.

 

I'll make a news post next week to remind everyone closer to the date. If you've got any comments or questions, don't hesitate.

 

Cheers,

Ben

Duly noted :)

:D

Gives me time to figure something out so i don't go cold turkey and get the druggie shakes :wub:

Hmm sounds like a marvellous idea.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.