Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rebuilding A 4k

Featured Replies

Hey guys about what kms should I be refreshing my 4k it's done about 242,000kms should I be looking at freshing it up. I haven't driven or been in other ke's so I wouldn't kno what sorta pull/power they get out of them. And what should I be looking at doing bearings and seals??

 

Or should I leave it until I work the 5k that I got in the shed and put that in when it's done.

I bought a 5k of this guy and it cam with comlete rebiuld kit ( 20 or 40 thou oversized acl pistons, rings, seals gaskets the lot except bearings)

 

any ideas would be helpful

 

cheers matt

yeah mate, you're better off putting the time and effort into the 5k rather than the 4k if you're going to put the 5k in in the long run anyway.

I say rebuild the 4k if you have the time. Time spent on engines is a very good learning experience, considering the two engines are very mutch alike you'll take what youv'e learnt from the 4k.

Unless ofcourse you are just handing it over to a mechanic then just go with the 5k.

Or if you already know your way around a motor (which it sounds like you might.) The 4ks will pretty much run forever so if you're throwing a new motor in id just save your money and spend it on the 5k

Build the 5k, especially if the car is your daily. less time off the road!

  • Author
I say rebuild the 4k if you have the time. Time spent on engines is a very good learning experience, considering the two engines are very mutch alike you'll take what youv'e learnt from the 4k.

Unless ofcourse you are just handing it over to a mechanic then just go with the 5k.

 

well I have to hand it over to someone to bore it out. Cause I don't have he equiptment to do so. Plus my uncles mate does all that stuff and my uncles a mechanic so I should be able to get it done pretty cheap. Is there any specific parts I should get balanced and machined while it's all apart getting worked?? I've read other forums and they said it's best to send the crank fly wheel and all moving parts with the block to get balanced together.

 

Cheers matt

ahhh,i say go the 5k love the little bit more torque

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.