Rebuilding A 4k

yohan18

Hey guys about what kms should I be refreshing my 4k it's done about 242,000kms should I be looking at freshing it up. I haven't driven or been in other ke's so I wouldn't kno what sorta pull/power they get out of them. And what should I be looking at doing bearings and seals??

Or should I leave it until I work the 5k that I got in the shed and put that in when it's done.

I bought a 5k of this guy and it cam with comlete rebiuld kit ( 20 or 40 thou oversized acl pistons, rings, seals gaskets the lot except bearings)

any ideas would be helpful

cheers matt

Members dont see this ad

I say rebuild the 4k if you have the time. Time spent on engines is a very good learning experience, considering the two engines are very mutch alike you'll take what youv'e learnt from the 4k.

Unless ofcourse you are just handing it over to a mechanic then just go with the 5k.

I say rebuild the 4k if you have the time. Time spent on engines is a very good learning experience, considering the two engines are very mutch alike you'll take what youv'e learnt from the 4k.

Unless ofcourse you are just handing it over to a mechanic then just go with the 5k.

well I have to hand it over to someone to bore it out. Cause I don't have he equiptment to do so. Plus my uncles mate does all that stuff and my uncles a mechanic so I should be able to get it done pretty cheap. Is there any specific parts I should get balanced and machined while it's all apart getting worked?? I've read other forums and they said it's best to send the crank fly wheel and all moving parts with the block to get balanced together.

Cheers matt