Motor Out Of Ke20

Ke20Kidd

Haii Guys so as the title says, I need to take out my engine with out a crane...

I have my dad, Step bro. mate and me to lift the box and motor out, i reckon its possible i can lift the engine upwards off the mounts myself just not move it around.

Or should i undo all the A frame or what ever its called. And drop all the front suspension and just get them to help me lift the body upwards.? Over the motor and box and roll the motor out?

Members dont see this ad

k motors weigh sweet f all with no box attached. I lifted one out of the boot of my laser the other day with the help of a mate.

There is no reason why you couldnt remove the box and lift it out the bay with some help.

Remove the radiator so you don't screw it and it gives you more room. Be careful of your backs though, for the cost of hiring an engine crane $55.00 for a day it is probably worth it to save your back :D

separate gearbox from engine or remove radiator and top radiator support panel.engine should come out that way instead of removing cross member and suspension

Yeah The entire Front is off the car, Will go out now and sep box and motor, try myself.

k motors weigh sweet f all with no box attached. I lifted one out of the boot of my laser the other day with the help of a mate.

There is no reason why you couldnt remove the box and lift it out the bay with some help.

Remove the radiator so you don't screw it and it gives you more room. Be careful of your backs though, for the cost of hiring an engine crane $55.00 for a day it is probably worth it to save your back :D

Radiators out :D and everything else on the front of car :D lol Easy slide out. I would go hire one, But I'm a second year apprentice and pay rent and usual bills, So I'm struggling to push on with the build as it is.. So any money saved is ++++

haha well we did it the real bush mechanic way for my bro in law the other day. we used a star picket with two pieces of foam over our shoulders and wrapped a chain around the motor and lifted it out.

This is what we are doing, just rung my dad, Said to bring around some chain, Fence post and i have some old pillows :D lol.

Will Try seperating it now and dropping the box down Then lifting the motor myself.

Lifted a motor out by hand on sunday with TE278U, wasnt too hard so you should be right with a few people

Yeah, just took the box out, just waiting for a mate to show, should get it out easy.

Dropped the box on my arm :D oh and Stupid telemarketers rang and i thought shit might be dad or my mate, Bang hit head on the car.. Split head..