Whats Going On With All The Toyota Forums??

Members dont see this ad
can anyone fill me in as to whats going on with the two other toyota forums...it seems one of the more prominent toyota forums is banning its members...whats with all the changes??

looks like this is going to be my new home... :D

brad

I assume you're referring to Twincam?

Short story is this - old owner sold forums to a guy in America-land who made a lot of unpopular decisions without informing the forum population, users got annoyed and the ban-stick got waved around a lot. Then more users got annoyed, and the ban-stick came out again. Then, several disgruntled members left in a big way, leaving a steaming turd on the doorstep (metaphorically) and went and started up a "new" Twincam, including the old owner. After this point, it seems the US owner chucked a hissy-fit and banned a substantial portion of the user-base, and put the forums into lockdown (so no-one could start a thread, reply, PM, even sign-up). As of this morning it appears that even more members have been banned, whether or not this is linked to the users who migrated to the "new" forum or not is hard to tell because no-one can go back in and have a look. However it does appear that the old forum has been unlocked again, but with the core of the knowledge-base having well and truly left, the site will be pretty much dead.

bloody yanks....it was a good forum, oh well its their loss and other forums will gain. looks like i will settle in here now, seems like a good place to be, although i don't know much about K series engines!! lol

brad

You're more than welcome to join the "old and improved" Twincam, in some ways the exodus has been good because it means that the forums are made up of only the people who post regularly and are interested in keeping the forum community together

Twincam.org.au

EDIT - bloody hyperlinks stuffing up

Edited by Hiro Protagonist

Well, that just sucks the big one. I had a couple things on there bookmarked and that its gone "private". I am a member, but its been a good while so, i guess i should be saying "was a member".

I''m not going to ask how much money this guy forked over so that he could shove the forum down the toilet. I don't just see it as a money value, its old owner would have put a hell of a lot of time, effort, sweat and, quite possibly, blood into the forum.

users got annoyed and the ban-stick got waved around a lot. Then more users got annoyed, and the ban-stick came out again. Then, several disgruntled members left in a big way, leaving a steaming turd on the doorstep (metaphorically) and went and started up a "new" Twincam, including the old owner. After this point, it seems the US owner chucked a hissy-fit and banned a substantial portion of the user-base, and put the forums into lockdown (so no-one could start a thread, reply, PM, even sign-up). As of this morning it appears that even more members have been banned, whether or not this is linked to the users who migrated to the "new" forum or not is hard to tell because no-one can go back in and have a look. However it does appear that the old forum has been unlocked again, but with the core of the knowledge-base having well and truly left, the site will be pretty much dead.

Users got banned as they asked to be banned, 2 banned members is not a lot.

Users got banned as they asked to be banned, 2 banned members is not a lot.

That was the condensed version (and I might have got some things out of order) - yes I know Terra and Casey asked to be deleted but over the last few days great swathes of people have been banned without notice.

Edited by Hiro Protagonist

That was the condensed version (and I might have got some things out of order) - yes I know Terra and Casey asked to be deleted but over the last few days great swathes of people have been banned without notice.

+1 for being banned was quite funny actually as i believe it was for quoting one of terra's naughty posts :blush:

I just logged on there and after being a member there for only one week i know appear to have access to all private mod & admin areas?

Figure that one out

So can everyone, even if you're not logged in. General consensus on the old and improved TC is that the Yank deliberately made that section open (and pinned most of the topics in it that are negative towards some of the recently departed members to the top) to try and discredit those who objected to his rule.

Oh, and apparently he's been editing posts to make it look like certain people said things when in fact they didn't (or the context was different etc).

What i found interesting was that the general forum area was blocked off to guests where as the mods/admin section was open, only a fool would do something like that. And if the guy has been diddling with other peoples postings just makes him look like a bigger fool. Sounds like the guy has an ego problem, be interesting to see how the forum fairs over the months.

Think of all the tech articles, build-ups etc etc that now the writers can't access. Be kind of nice and childishness if a mod or admin (if theres any left) can go in and delete the stuff

I stood up for him and got banned :blush:

He I dunno if he exactly edit posts but he removed posts from the admin section to make certain members look like they were bagging other people or to make him look like the victim, Take this for instance:

Post# 1

Hammerdown: Do you think I can help anyone get parts from the LA area?

Post# 2:

ME: I myself like the new layout. US parts is always a good offer.

I replied to someone else about the layout in which their post has been removed.

Ian I hope you don't have any beef with me about the 'other mods' thread, Before that you we're on track to be a mod, Justin just didn't want anyone on the mod side that wasn't 100% commited to the board which is why he was questioning Tazz's motives.

Ian I hope you don't have any beef with me about the 'other mods' thread, Before that you we're on track to be a mod, Justin just didn't want anyone on the mod side that wasn't 100% commited to the board which is why he was questioning Tazz's motives.

Nah it's all cool, wasn't really interested in being a mod anyway (don't get on often enough outside of work), plus I could see that the place was never going to be the same anyway. I was willing to stick around, but I wouldn't have fully supported it.

Irokin, please don't ever let this happen to Rollaclub!

I think this hi-lights how good we have it here at Rollaclub and how we need to support the mods and admins, who do such a great job.

I'm sure if more members read the rules (especially in the trading section) we could help make their jobs a little easer.