Boot Wont Close

Izak

hey was working on my 1986 Toyota corolla AE82 CS sedan and my boot all of a sudden wont close the coil in the boot or sumthing the previous owner said has problems but i dnt have a clue how to fix it and i need it fixed asap please if anyone knows how to fix it please help me!!!

Members dont see this ad
hey was working on my 1986 Toyota corolla AE82 CS sedan and my boot all of a sudden wont close the coil in the boot or sumthing the previous owner said has problems but i dnt have a clue how to fix it and i need it fixed asap please if anyone knows how to fix it please help me!!!

Put the key in and turn it to the unlock position, If that does not work PM me your details and I will come look.

heres sum pics as you can see it wont close and its sumthing to do with the corners of it

G`day mate, its hard to tell from the pics but its worth checking that the latch isn`t actually in the locked position when the boot is open. When you look at the latch it should have a gap that fits over the locking bar on the beaver panel bit. If that gap is not visible, grab a screwdriver/ pliers whatever and simply return it to the open position. Might take a bit of muscle coz its spring loaded.

Cheers.

G`day mate, its hard to tell from the pics but its worth checking that the latch isn`t actually in the locked position when the boot is open. When you look at the latch it should have a gap that fits over the locking bar on the beaver panel bit. If that gap is not visible, grab a screwdriver/ pliers whatever and simply return it to the open position. Might take a bit of muscle coz its spring loaded.

Cheers.

Put the key in and turn it to the unlock position, If that does not work PM me your details and I will come look.

Tried to say that but he thought I was talking about opening it.