Voodoo Ta22

MattyZ

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update:

nearly all welding has been finished in the engine bay.

battery tray has been replaced now just need to finish welding in place and grind smooth.

left to do: grind driver side strut tower, and then i can finish smoothing and it will be ready for a couple coats of filler primer and final primer.

will be ordering bolt on flares probably this weekend or next week.

also buying a clear racing jacket for the headlights a genuine one aswell.

have photos but damn phone wont connect to computer >| :bash:

Updates:

still trying to upload photos, will have to get a Bluetooth USB i think.

anyways,

battery tray hole been repaired, and that side almost ready for primer.

then to start on the drivers side with : Grinding welds, and skim coat filler. then the engine bay is practically done.

Clear racing jacket has been paid for and will be sent out tomorrow i believe so will get that monday id say next week.

and order my flares friday night or tomorrow night undecided most likely monday so i have money for weekend haha.

want to get my diff set up done so i can get it in and wheels measured up for later on.

cheers mate, once the engine bay is done the rest will be easy.... touch wood.

once engine bay is done ill finish off the innerguards, primer, rust protector, sound deadner. slowly move towards the back, interior, rust protect, por 15, dynamat everything.

so at this stage my end time to get it done by All Jap Day Adelaide is coming along well.

will post more updates/pictures over the next week.

cheers

Clear racing jacket arrived wednesday tried taking a photo but too hard since its clear haha,

ordered my JDM show plates top line has the jap writing then 74 for 1974 and then bottom line has TA-22

and also paid for a T50 shifter as mine was some botched up short shifter hack when i got it.

will get more photos as progress comes along and parts come in.

• 4 weeks later...

got my T50 Shifter and plates today yew. just a white plastic with reflective numbers stoked with how they look.

havent done a huge amount to the body just a bit more welding and grinding and cleaning my inner right wheel arch.

will get heaps hopefully don't this weekend since i prob wont be down at the pub haha.

heres the show plates.

P160611_1650.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

lovin the Celica...back in the 80's, a buddy stuffed a 302 Boss V8 and a c4 automatic from a Mustang into one....really wild ride...you could just make that rear end dance...after 1 weekend on the local cruzin scene we couldn't get anybody else to race us any more.

• 1 month later...

Yeah ive always loved them since my dad used to have one,

was plannin on a 4L but no way on gettin it complied so gonna go 4cyl turbo of some description.

progress wise havnt played with it too much just small stuff when i have spare time been pretty busy lately but keen to get right back into it again full swing,

parcel shelf is almost completed swapping about 99% through it engine bay is about 80% so I'm gettin there.