Voodoo Ta22

MattyZ

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

like a 2TG-TE or 2TG-ZE? race cams pistons, stroker etc?

and just got ma corolla wreck dropped of cheers HAZZARD so will start pullin the manual gear out that over the week.

need some bolt on flares to run ma jelly bean mags on my rolla too.

ive also started to replace the battery tray as it was rusted to fark.

will be looking at getting a hoppers stoppers 290mm brake kit for the celica, $1250

so today worked on the rolla

got done 13th nov:

Removed pedal manual pedal box (absolute frick of a job)

Removed clutch cable plug seat from wagon firewall

Riveted clutch cable plug seat onto sedan firewall

Removed starter motor from wagon

Removed most gearbox bolts

Removed wagon radiator

got done 14th nov:

Remove manual gearbox & crossmember

Remove wagon tailshaft

Remove clutch & flywheel

Remove sedan tailshaft

Remove Auto trans & crossmember

Remove Auto radiator (needs replacing anyway)

Install wagon radiator

New coolant

Start stripping dash

Edited by MattyZ

haha damn you ya beat me to it.

yeah so the wagon has no brakes and where i needed it by the shed it has to go downhill so, me and dad used his commy as the brakes, so here i am sittin in it slowly rollin down then all of a sudden goin pretty quick thought uh oh and the tow rope had snapped piece of crap and so i just held on and bam into the door the only thing i was worried about was my celica on the other side hahaha.

Photo019-1.jpg

Photo018.jpg

on a more positive note, all the manual gear is out of the wagon, need to get the flywheel machined, might get it lightened at the same time, and needs a new clutch, might look at a heavy duty any brands people can suggest, for a K40 too

Edited by MattyZ

Ordered my Heavy Duty clutch and a clutch cable for the rolla,

now is all thats needed is remove the bastard flywheel things are on tight!, get it machined and possibly lightened.

then strip the sedan and install all the manual gear then its good to go!

• 2 weeks later...

So i havent touched this much lately either, still finishing off the engine bay just gotta finish of replacing the section where the battery tray used to live once thats done i can basically prime the engine bay and thats good to roll.

looking at puttin a S15 Dash in only if i get a half cut and go SR20 or i can get one for dirt cheap as my whole dash pad needs replacing anyway.

I'm looking for a padded slim back race seat for the front two so i can give the people who are daring enough to squeeze in the back some more room so if anyone knows of a reclinable bucket that has a slim back but isnt hard as concrete please do tell.

i will be running bolt on flares coz wellll they look sick on celicas and if it aint VOODOO Blue or Chomre it will be black simple colours aiming to get underneath and suspension done at least by christmas/mid jan

Edited by MattyZ

cheers for the compliments and advice guys, unfortunately wont be much progress for at least a month as my thumb cut turned out worse my ED doc missed the fact i had 100% cut through my tendon that runs over the top of the thumb so that had surgery over the weekend now i wait and for it to heal then physio hopefully gain some movement back. :bash:

cheers

Oh and becasue ive seen heaps of posts about don't take it off the road avoid a roady well i wont have to do a roady and i havent kept it registered, well i did id keep puttin rego on it to avoid regency but i went in and got a exemption form which i wrote why i wont register it which was restoration scribble what ever bullshit ya want on it.

it means i keep my plates don't have to register it and it wont need a roady when finished i can't remember if there was a fee if there was it wasnt more than 20 bucks

so anyone in SA with a car off the road and worried bout havin to go to regency do this.