Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

7Agte 20V Blacktop

Featured Replies

ay mate, was talkin to my builder today, he wanted to knw if anyone has broken the standard 7a crank mainly cos everythin but the crank is gettin up graded on my build. jus wanted to knw if uve thort of forged crank or if u knw if u knw anyone who has broken one before

 

thanks

  • Replies 334
  • Views 720.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • _FNQ_rolla_
    _FNQ_rolla_

    Ok, some more pics for you all.   Dash is nearly all stripped out (going to total rewire everything as I am fussy at what I do)       Filling in the cracks in the dash pad       I used a

  • _FNQ_rolla_
    _FNQ_rolla_

    Hi there, The motor only has done 350kms and I have already done an oil change so it was off to the rollers for a tune (I really did not like driving it with the base tune).   We only took the boos

Posted Images

  • Author

ay mate, was talkin to my builder today, he wanted to knw if anyone has broken the standard 7a crank mainly cos everythin but the crank is gettin up graded on my build. jus wanted to knw if uve thort of forged crank or if u knw if u knw anyone who has broken one before

 

thanks

 

 

Hi there,

There is a 7AGTE combo in New Zealand that is making 330KW at the wheels on the factory 7A crank, so the standard crank should be fine.

  • Author

Hi there,

There is a 7AGTE combo in New Zealand that is making 330KW at the wheels on the factory 7A crank, so the standard crank should be fine.

 

Did you ask your Engine builder to machine your block so you can fit some piston oil squirters out of the later 4AGE blocks, it will help keep it cool, and well lubricated.

  • Author

Any good news latley?

 

No new news,

 

As of two days ago, it’s been 6 months since I put a deposit on the “BorgWarner Turbo” (I’m seriously thinking about going for a Garrett Turbo).

 

 

I will make phone calls on Monday if I get the time and let you know the outcome.

Cool stuff. Yeah garrett is meant to be good as. I'm sure you will find a mean one in there catalogues! I still haven't put them bushes in yet either! I'm getting depressed about that. Hah

Did you ask your Engine builder to machine your block so you can fit some piston oil squirters out of the later 4AGE blocks, it will help keep it cool, and well lubricated.

 

thort of it... but never asked.. not sure how to make the squirters or if u can buy them never looked into it... is that what u did?

  • Author

thort of it... but never asked.. not sure how to make the squirters or if u can buy them never looked into it... is that what u did?

 

Yeah I did fit oil squirters to the 7A block, to help with cooling and lubrication. (you can get them out of a late model 4AGE block which I did {I have a few blocks} or you can order them from Toyota)

 

Have a look at post 11 where I fitted the squirters. Fitting Oil Squirters

 

I'm not after a dyno Queen, but what I do want is a quick reliable car for the ¼ mile strip and to be able to drive it on a cruise with out having to worry about a thing.

Yeah I did fit oil squirters to the 7A block, to help with cooling and lubrication. (you can get them out of a late model 4AGE block which I did {I have a few blocks} or you can order them from Toyota)

 

Have a look at post 11 where I fitted the squirters. Fitting Oil Squirters

 

I'm not after a dyno Queen, but what I do want is a quick reliable car for the ¼ mile strip and to be able to drive it on a cruise with out having to worry about a thing.

 

yeah thats what I'm after to and i don't want a complete pig either ill be happy with around 280hp jus gna use it as a DDD daliy drift n drags lol :) jus a fun lil car basically as its my first build. do u think toyota will still stock em ?

 

thanks

  • Author

do u think toyota will still stock em ?

 

thanks

 

Well two years ago you could still buy them, (I think Toyota wanted around the $30 mark each).

 

If I was you and you do want to put the oil squirts in your 7A Block I would firstly ask your machinist if they can so it and secondly I would put a “Wanted to Buy” advert on this web site asking if anyone has any 4AGE oil squirters to sell.

 

Do you have any pictures of your motor as everyone loves a picture. If I can help you out in any way, just ask.

 

All the best with your build.

Yea ill give toyota a call on monday..., i wanted to get a pic so badly the other day but the workshop was so busy didnt wanna piss anyone off. I saw my pistons tho, they wer so shinny and they made a mockup rod from a v6 holden and altered it to get the right length. At the moment I'm lookin at around 8.2 comp. Everything is frm fabre, and there the chrome faced rings someone asked lol. Also they are o-ringing the block to hold 40+ psi "safely" lol i mite get the larger valve the 3sge is 1mm longer and a fair bit larger dia. Wise cams gna keep small 264/272. What gasket are you gna use the 4a or 7a?

post-12275-0-26804500-1327135796_thumb.jpg

ive got one pic how it went to the work shop lol its a before shot

thats awesome how much did all the breaks and suspention setup set ya back, thinking about doing that to my ke30

On the front

 

Toyota Corona struts

Toyota Crown MS65 hubs

Honda NSX 298mm vented front disc (DBA # 486)

Custom made adaptor for caliper to strut

VT commodore twin piston front calipers

 

 

On the rear

 

Ford EL 299mm rear disc (DBA #133)

Custom made adaptor for caliper to diff

R31 Nissan rear calipers

Custom made hand brake cable to suit

 

 

Master cylinder

 

The above had to have a brake master cylinder that was suited to the upgrades so a 1inch master cylinder from a VN V8 (PBR) bolted up nicely to the master cylinder which worked fine (the proportioning was fine).

what are the year models of the cars that all these parts came out of?

Edited by kpope18

Today I machined the block to fit some oil squirters, using the milling machine.

Here are a couple of pictures.

before i ask my builder to do this i need to be able to answer the possible questions..

how much hav u taken off? and why do u machine the whole space, can't u jus do it slightly lager then what the bolts gna be? and how do u know wer to drill?

 

thanks

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.