Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

7Agte 20V Blacktop

Featured Replies

Hey mate

 

what front engine belt covers are you using? 20v or 7a ones? or a combination?

 

morgz

  • Replies 334
  • Views 720.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • _FNQ_rolla_
    _FNQ_rolla_

    Ok, some more pics for you all.   Dash is nearly all stripped out (going to total rewire everything as I am fussy at what I do)       Filling in the cracks in the dash pad       I used a

  • _FNQ_rolla_
    _FNQ_rolla_

    Hi there, The motor only has done 350kms and I have already done an oil change so it was off to the rollers for a tune (I really did not like driving it with the base tune).   We only took the boos

Posted Images

  • Author

Hi there,

The timing belt covers are a combination of “16V” and “20V”.

As you can see in the photo’s I have used 2 “16V” middle sections and cut one to be the same profile and just glued it on to the middle section. This little section is 15mm which is the different in height between the 4A block to the 7A block.

 

post-10153-0-43522300-1347620743_thumb.jpg

 

 

post-10153-0-79251300-1347620764_thumb.jpg

 

 

If you need to know more, just ask.

This build / car is awesome. I'm sure once you get it running it will all be worth it.

ok, so i need a 16v 4age lower peice, x2 16v 4age middle peices (one to cut and glue) and a 20v top cover for the head?

  • Author

Yep,

That is exactly what i have done with this 7A Hybrid combo. Have you started to build one or are you planning on building one. If you need to know anything have a read over my thread or if it is not clear, just ask and i will point you in the right direction.

 

All the best

cheers bud, your cars looking good to man, awesome build, nah iv allready built one, will hopfully be starting it in the next few weeks, look up 7agte ke20 under my username and you should find the build thread on here somewhere

 

i was worried id have to drive the car with only half the belt covers on, which i don't really wana risk getting a stone etc up in there so it good to know theres a way around it lol

 

cheers

morgz

  • Author

look up 7agte ke20 under my username and you should find the build thread on here somewhere

cheers

morgz

 

Here’s a better idea, “do an update”.

insane.

 

 

Love how you had everyone thinking you were building a k series haha..

 

 

 

Not sure if you found a VSS for the w series or not but here is a link to one, not sure if that's what you were looking for

 

 

 

http://www.marlincrawler.com/transfer-case/parts-upgrade/vehicle-speed-sensor-mci

haha cars been in another shed over the last couple months so havent had any more pics to put up, will be another update coming soon!

  • Author

insane.

 

Love how you had everyone thinking you were building a k series haha..

 

 

Not sure if you found a VSS for the w series or not but here is a link to one, not sure if that's what you were looking for

 

http://www.marlincra...peed-sensor-mci

 

 

Hey I did get a bit of a laugh when the penny finally dropped and people finally clued onto that I was building a 7AGTE, but then I never did say what I was building.

 

Thanks for the link but I got the W58 with the electronic speedo sender.

 

Well I hoping to have this thing on the road within the next 3 months just have little bits and pieces to finish off but these are the most time consuming and I am fussy with this build/engine.

 

Will get some more pictures up soon, putting all of the interior back in.

  • Author

haha cars been in another shed over the last couple months so havent had any more pics to put up, will be another update coming soon!

 

I will keep a look out for it

  • Author

More bits and pieces…

 

Intercooler, few different sizes and angle of silicone hoses, T-hose clamps, blow off valve, catch can, oil cooler,-10 braided hose and fittings

 

 

post-10153-0-01443300-1347970093_thumb.jpg

 

 

For this 7AGTE 20V I’m going for a liquid to air intercooler for a couple of reasons. The first being it will have very short piping between the turbo and the inlet manifold, which will have a fast boost response (less volume to fill before the head). The second being because of the ambient temperature up here in the far north and the boost pressure I’m planning on running (I can use it as an Ice to Air intercooler).

I would pick water to air over air to air anyday, for the exact reasons you just listed. Plus then you don't have a bog ugly fmic on the front of your car looking like bait for police.

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Yeah, I do not want the attention that front mount (air to air intercoolers) can attract, as this car will still be driven on the road.

 

Anyway I did a little bit more on the bomb on the weekend (not a lot though) I would like to have this finished before Christmas.

 

 

post-10153-0-90342100-1349078673_thumb.jpg

 

 

I think that I should turn the oil cooler up the other way so no air will be trapped in the cooler.

 

 

post-10153-0-11548200-1349078696_thumb.jpg

 

 

This is what it looks like with the bumper and grill back on … all stealth … I want the sleeper look but I think the wheels might give it away.

Even with nice wheels, no one will ever suspect/expect that to be lurking under the bonnet !

 

 

 

looking good mate.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.