7Agte 20V Blacktop

_FNQ_rolla_

Members dont see this ad

Hi there,

The timing belt covers are a combination of “16V” and “20V”.

As you can see in the photo’s I have used 2 “16V” middle sections and cut one to be the same profile and just glued it on to the middle section. This little section is 15mm which is the different in height between the 4A block to the 7A block.

post-10153-0-43522300-1347620743_thumb.jpg

post-10153-0-79251300-1347620764_thumb.jpg

If you need to know more, just ask.

cheers bud, your cars looking good to man, awesome build, nah iv allready built one, will hopfully be starting it in the next few weeks, look up 7agte ke20 under my username and you should find the build thread on here somewhere

i was worried id have to drive the car with only half the belt covers on, which i don't really wana risk getting a stone etc up in there so it good to know theres a way around it lol

cheers

morgz

insane.

Love how you had everyone thinking you were building a k series haha..

Not sure if you found a VSS for the w series or not but here is a link to one, not sure if that's what you were looking for

http://www.marlincrawler.com/transfer-case/parts-upgrade/vehicle-speed-sensor-mci

insane.

Love how you had everyone thinking you were building a k series haha..

Not sure if you found a VSS for the w series or not but here is a link to one, not sure if that's what you were looking for

http://www.marlincra...peed-sensor-mci

Hey I did get a bit of a laugh when the penny finally dropped and people finally clued onto that I was building a 7AGTE, but then I never did say what I was building.

Thanks for the link but I got the W58 with the electronic speedo sender.

Well I hoping to have this thing on the road within the next 3 months just have little bits and pieces to finish off but these are the most time consuming and I am fussy with this build/engine.

Will get some more pictures up soon, putting all of the interior back in.

More bits and pieces…

Intercooler, few different sizes and angle of silicone hoses, T-hose clamps, blow off valve, catch can, oil cooler,-10 braided hose and fittings

post-10153-0-01443300-1347970093_thumb.jpg

For this 7AGTE 20V I’m going for a liquid to air intercooler for a couple of reasons. The first being it will have very short piping between the turbo and the inlet manifold, which will have a fast boost response (less volume to fill before the head). The second being because of the ambient temperature up here in the far north and the boost pressure I’m planning on running (I can use it as an Ice to Air intercooler).

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I do not want the attention that front mount (air to air intercoolers) can attract, as this car will still be driven on the road.

Anyway I did a little bit more on the bomb on the weekend (not a lot though) I would like to have this finished before Christmas.

post-10153-0-90342100-1349078673_thumb.jpg

I think that I should turn the oil cooler up the other way so no air will be trapped in the cooler.

post-10153-0-11548200-1349078696_thumb.jpg

This is what it looks like with the bumper and grill back on … all stealth … I want the sleeper look but I think the wheels might give it away.