7Agte 20V Blacktop

_FNQ_rolla_

Members dont see this ad

Looks tidy Gavin. Give me a text one day. I'd love to help or something. I'm always bored

Fix your own shitheap first :P

I am fussy in who I let work on my “Shitheap” :lol:

I try to do most of the work myself, so I only have myself to blame if something goes wrong

• 2 weeks later...

I received my 6Boost exhaust manifold today, looks great and I tested out the flow/extraction to make sure that it is sucking/pulling through air when one pipe is having air blown through it. As to be expected everything was up to 6Boost standards. (I have seen some other manufactured turbo manifolds that actually blow back up the other pipes towards the head)

If I have enough time between now and Friday I will pick up some 3 inch exhaust pipe (90°/45° bends, flanges, straight pipe, Cat, hot dog, and a muffler and a little chrome dumpy tip.

Anyways here some pictures of the manifold bolted to the motor with an old housing that I used for making up the jig to make the manifold.

post-10153-0-24824500-1335873175_thumb.jpg

post-10153-0-48646000-1335873195_thumb.jpg

post-10153-0-41879000-1335873214_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up a heap of different bends and straight 3 inch pipes and over the weekend I managed to make the dump pipe which turned out better than expected.

I started with a 3 inch 90° bend and cut that in half to get the correct downpipe angle that I could weld onto the turbo exhaust flange.

post-10153-0-18732700-1337077799_thumb.jpg

post-10153-0-72158600-1337077836_thumb.jpg

The result, of the downpipe which I am happy with.

post-10153-0-06535300-1337077870_thumb.jpg

The reason I went for a low mount turbo instead of a high mount is because the downpipe angle is a lot straighter (I’m after the most free flowing exhaust system that I can make)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there,

I went over the diff, trying to leave the maximum amount of space above the diff to allow the rear of the car to squat under hard acceleration. (From all of the measuring even with no bump stop over the diff centre, the diff tube should not hit the exhaust. This was the most painful part of the exhaust to make.) But the real test will come when my little bomb is under its own power. If the diff does some panel beating of the exhaust I will change it to go under the diff ~ I have put exhaust flanges either side if the diff to allow for changes if needed.

When I get on my other computer I will upload some pictures of the up and over the diff.

I did thing long and hard about going under the diff

Like how you've done the dump flange. Heaps of room for the bolts.

I hate working in tight confined spaces with a spanner only able to turn 30°, but also paying attention to the flow rate/ angle of the dump pipe.

Edited by _FNQ_rolla_

• 2 weeks later...

Over the last week I have been getting a lot of parcels turning up, so I can do a little more on the little old bomb.

Some of the items are;

Bundy line

Braided line

AN fittings

2 x Fuel pumps

Swirl pot

Filters

Battery box

55mm² wire to relocate the battery into the boot

Looks like a busy weekend