Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

7Agte 20V Blacktop

Featured Replies

Hi all,

 

I have been lurking around most of the Toyota Corolla forums for a while now, just reading what is out there before deciding to become a member. I have put together a few tuff cars in the past but I have never posted any of the builds on the net, but I would like to share with the members on Rollaclub the build of my little Corolla.

 

The build I would like to share is of my 1 owner KE35, I have been looking to find a good one for the past 2 years. The KE35 I picked up was owned by a little old lady that had all of the log books and had a full service history from the day she bought it from the Toyota dealer.

 

Make ~ Toyota

Model ~ Corolla KE35

Year ~ 1978

 

The plans are to do the car in 3 stages;

1st suspension and brakes ~ done

2nd motor 7AGE 20V Black Top Turbo (more killer-wasps) ~ in the making

3rd paint job to tidy it up ~next

 

 

 

Front Suspension/Brake setup

Corona struts with KYB strut inserts

Crown MS65 hubs (5 stud ~ Ford pattern)

Adjustable coilover suspension

Honda NSX 298mm disc

Custom made caliper adapter

Holden VE twin piston calipers

Braided brake lines

Wheel 15 x 5 Pro Star

Tyres 185/55/15

Holden VN V8 1 inch brake master cylinder

 

 

Rear setup

3 inch / 75mm tailshaft

Hilux diff (5 stud ~ Ford pattern) ~ 4.1:1 with a Lock Right centre

Ford Falcon 299mm EL discs

Custom made caliper adapter

Nissan R31 Skyline calipers

Braided brake lines

Custom made handbrake cables

Wheel 15 x 9 Pro Star ( 0 offset )

Tyres 225/50/15

 

Engine

7AFE Block polished internals with ARP head and main studs

7AFE crank, mirror polished, balanced and doweled for the flywheel

20v Black Top Head (thanks to RAMS head service cnc)

(Bigger inlet and exhaust valves, throats behind valves opened up, Supertech valve springs, titanium retainers, intake copper seats, new valve guides, port and polished ~ think I got everything)

Inlet manifold port matched to the head

HKS Adjustable inlet cam gear

TODA cams

TODA 0.8mm Head Gasket

Ross Racing 8.0:1 pistons with total seal rings

Billet Rods with ARP bolts

SARD 800cc injectors

Have a look at page 6 ~ 990-lildevil.gifPage 6 Link

 

 

Driveline

Quarter Master twin plate clutch

Custom billet steel flywheel, doweled for the crank

W58 gearbox

3" tailshaft with billet uni's

Shorten Hilux diff 4:11 . 1 with Lockright centre

 

 

Umm, how or what is the best way to post up a few pictures? laugh.gif

Edited by _FNQ_rolla_

  • Replies 334
  • Views 720.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • _FNQ_rolla_
    _FNQ_rolla_

    Ok, some more pics for you all.   Dash is nearly all stripped out (going to total rewire everything as I am fussy at what I do)       Filling in the cracks in the dash pad       I used a

  • _FNQ_rolla_
    _FNQ_rolla_

    Hi there, The motor only has done 350kms and I have already done an oil change so it was off to the rollers for a tune (I really did not like driving it with the base tune).   We only took the boos

Posted Images

underneath the box where you type is another box titled "Attachments", in the right hand side of that box is a browse button (which you use to search your computer for the picture you want to upload), the upload button (upload's the selected picture onto the server, i think), then the drop down menu abover the browse/upload buttons contains the photo's you've uploaded, click on each of them to the picture to your post. The best way to do it that i've found is to label each picture otherwise you'll double up.

Is that what you wanted to know?

post-9470-1272021019_thumb.jpg

FOUL, you can,t tell us about it the leave it blank, go find a 5th grader to show you how, if i can do you can, HURRY

  • Author

This story started 2 years back, as I was on the hunt for a clean KE35 (I even had mates in different cities looking for one).

 

A mate in Brissy found a one owner, very tidy KE35 with only 57 thousand on the clock in late January, but due to work commitments I was unable to pick it up until Easter.

 

Well they say a picture says a thousand words (so here are 9 000 words )

 

P.S. thanks for the tips about posting pictures and what is the go with photobucket?

post-10153-1272162700_thumb.jpg

post-10153-1272162710_thumb.jpg

post-10153-1272162720_thumb.jpg

post-10153-1272162730_thumb.jpg

post-10153-1272162740_thumb.jpg

post-10153-1272162748_thumb.jpg

post-10153-1272162760_thumb.jpg

post-10153-1272162767_thumb.jpg

Edited by _FNQ_rolla_

love the color, actually looks simliar to what i was thinking of painting my coupe

do you know what the colors called?

Looks great, keep the pics coming and let us know the plans for it

  • Author

Sorry I do not have a clue as to what the colour is called as the old girl had it painted a few years back for her granddaughter but the car was not good enough for her.

 

As for plans, I’ve got big plans for it but for now it lives in the shed and comes out for a leisurely drive on the weekends if the weather is good.

 

Speaking of weather I need to replace the front and rear windscreens and boot rubbers, because they are hard and leak. Where do you get new replacement rubbers as I have seen some on Ebay (not sure of their quality) and there is a place on there called “Phil’s Rotarys” or are all Ebay rubbers the same. Would like to hear where you have got your KE replacement rubbers, are they any good or would you avoid them.

 

If you have found where to get them from could you let me know some names of businesses and phone numbers.

 

As this thing progresses there will be more pictures and a bit of a write up.

+1 would like feedback on the rubbers aswell,

 

apprently the asian rubbers crack/leak very quickly! phils rotarys ones are the way to go

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Today I machined the block to fit some oil squirters, using the milling machine.

Here are a couple of pictures.

post-10153-1273300564_thumb.jpg

post-10153-1273300577_thumb.jpg

post-10153-1273300594_thumb.jpg

post-10153-1273300605_thumb.jpg

post-10153-1273300618_thumb.jpg

post-10153-1273300627_thumb.jpg

post-10153-1273300641_thumb.jpg

  • Author

What model are these Skyline calipers off, as I got them from a “break up sale” and she does not have a clue and neither do I.

 

They are both cleaned up now. The one on the right was how I got them.

 

Just curious as to what they are off.

post-10153-1273925322_thumb.jpg

post-10153-1273925335_thumb.jpg

post-10153-1273925349_thumb.jpg

they look r32 ISH

  • 1 month later...
  • Author
they look r32 ISH

 

 

Hey its been a while,

 

But i do believe that they are R32 (was kind of hoping that they were R33's ) but i will work something out with them :)

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.