7Agte 20V Blacktop

_FNQ_rolla_

should meet up one day and get some shots with shady and the boys with 86's plus the other minto e70's around cairns.

Sounds like a plan, but it might be a while as I am slowly working on the larger brakes when I get the time.

I just want to get it out of the shed and take it for a drive, as it has been on stands for the last 4 months (it never seen any roads in Cairns)

Members dont see this ad
What people forget is the lower arm in all these earlier rwd toyotas are very similar in length. What changes between the models is how close the struts towers are together. So they made a strut/ steering armo combo that's gemotry suits that car.

I was feeling a little down about all the work, I was sure that I had done all of my research correctly.

So if the angle between the strut and the stub axel is the same between the KE35 and the ST141 it should be correct.

post-10153-1283084529_thumb.jpg

The over all length of the two struts assembled is the same (KE35 top, ST141 bottom)

post-10153-1283084562_thumb.jpg

So lets have a look at the steering arms between the two as the pictures can say a lot more then I can type.

post-10153-1283084598_thumb.jpg

post-10153-1283084634_thumb.jpg

post-10153-1283084655_thumb.jpg

post-10153-1283084670_thumb.jpg

post-10153-1283084699_thumb.jpg

Look at the height difference and the angle that it sits the strut on .

Edited by _FNQ_rolla_

Sounds like a plan, but it might be a while as I am slowly working on the larger brakes when I get the time.

I just want to get it out of the shed and take it for a drive, as it has been on stands for the last 4 months (it never seen any roads in Cairns)

No worries hey :P

7shades is working on something as well, Its why he is in Japan right now. It will be interesting to see what he brings home.

I love the workmanship, the only drama you'll have is the struts have the wrong kinpin angle for a KE. ST141 and RA60 struts are the worst struts you can fit to a KE. Bad if you like corners, they change the scrub radius of the tyre and most people end up putting XT130 corona or AE86 struts once they realise they've ruined the front end geometry. I bet this car has epic positive camber at the moment. Sorry for being a bringer of bad news, but if you're putting a powerful engine in the car I assume you'll want to get the handling right.

This and a few other comments are totally untrue, ST141 Mx63 RA60 all fit very easily, geometry stays as per std and has the benifit of bigger bearings, instant brake upgrade and heavier strut and shock, contact me or FNQrolla for fitting info

i got a ke55 with bent struts, after abit more camber.

soo i grab st141 arms and bolt it to my standard ke55 LCA it will give me more neg camber?

Hi Evan,

If you bolt the ST141 steering arms onto your KE55 this combo will add a positive camber of about +4 (not what you are after)

Hi Evan,

If you bolt the ST141 steering arms onto your KE55 this combo will add a positive camber of about +4 (not what you are after)

so from your measurements & expertise, what will give me a bit more camber?

i don't want to drill new holes in my X member

no sigma arms

and i can't use camber tops with the standerd springs

so from your measurements & expertise, what will give me a bit more camber?

i don't want to drill new holes in my X member

no sigma arms

and i can't use camber tops with the standerd springs

I'm not no expert (thank you though) all that I have done is spent a little time measuring things up so I would have the strut/stub angle that has a larger strut tube and a bigger stub for larger brakes.

I do not blame you for not wanting to holes in your X member and as for Sigma arms, well I would myself rather keep everything Toyota (but that’s just me).

As for gaining a little bit more negative camber I can not help you out there.

All the best in your research (just make sure that you do your homework as there is a lot of BS on the internet)

i was going to do that to my steering arms... well i did do it to my stock ones.. filed em out. but... i was told by toymods members and my local pedders shop who i am good mates with that it was a silly and dodgy idea.

I can understand Pedders saying that for legal reasons.

Edited by _FNQ_rolla_

also if you flip the arms L to R it'll give you plenty of neg camber.. and the tie rods do go in with a bit of fussing about.. trust me i've done it..

once the car is down and lowered a bit its ok and the tie rods work correctly.. but the car has to be lowered.

but... it messes up your scrub radius and brings your track way out as well.

may i ask why it has to be lowered?

I'm guessing it has to do with toe?

Edited by Evan G