Ke20 4K Twin Webbers

jaygore

Members dont see this ad
  • 2 weeks later...

ok so I have an update...

got a Road worthy done today, there are quite a few things to be done but alot of them minor little things that i can do myself

now I have to get new front struts... is this the time where it would be more worth upgrading the suspension, breaks and struts all round?? and if so what would people recommend

• 1 month later...

Hey guys bit of an update... car isnt to far off registration now =] been busy with work so havent had time to touch it

However, the darn thing wont start ARGH... i sprayed some 'start ya bastard' into the webber manifolds and it tried to start, but just would not start... so might have to try and get someone to give me a hand to clutch start her and see how that goes

• 3 weeks later...

My car goes in for another RWC today guys, so fingers crossed and it passes so i can finally get it on the road, and then start with the modding.

I wont be able to lower it before getting it registered, so once it is registered I will lower it, and I'm guessing that this is just a matter of flipping the leafs yea?

Also last night i noticed that the front has new springs, so I'm not to sure if anything else was changed in the process, so this is something I may take some photos of and see if anyone on here may know if it has or hasnt been. I am also unsure if my PCD has been changed, so i will suss this out today after work. Before I buy new wheels.

Also I am wanting to get new filters for my webbers and I saw that uni filter have these funky filters that replace both webber filters with one larger one

http://www.uniflow.com.au/contents/en-us/d136.html

Has anyone had anything to do with these before? they are a fair bit more expensive than 2 400mm webber filters but if they are a better buy then I may buy one and see how it goes :jamie:

DO NOT FLIP YOU LEAF SPRINGS.... bad bad bad. Instead of absorbing impact it will cause the spring to do the exact opposite and throw the arse in the air. It will also destroy your rear spring mounts.

Just get them reset with an extra leaf.... talk to Teddy... For the front you just need some lowered springs. They're about 230$ a set through repco.

ah sweet sounds better to me, I want to make sure it is done properly I spose

I got my car back from a RWC and they have told me that I need to get an engineers cert for the 5k in a ke20 o_0 is this true?????

that is correct. You now need a mod plate for increased displacement.... and anything mechanical that did not come as a standard option on the model of vehicle.