Ke20 4K Twin Webbers

jaygore

Don't be like that.... Corolla's are for winners and you've got a winner. Just look around for a local place where you can get the plate done. I can't imagine you'd be looking at $800.

If your still on your P's you'll have some trouble if you drive it. Other wise I think Lube Mobile might even do blue plates.

Edited by GJM85

Members dont see this ad

get a rwc from somewhere else!

another fella with a ke30 + 5k went through vic roads no problem

tell the rwc douche its a factory engine, see any modding of the firewall/engine mounts?

really get your rwc done by someone else before anything else!

Yea I am thinking of getting it done somewhere else, But he did say that if there was an engine brought out in this size around the same year then its aloud to pass :blinks: so if anyone knows these details that would be great :blinks:

Evan G - the only reason why he thought it was different was that the engine mounts had been rewelded.. I told him that the car had been taken back to bare metal and this was most likely just a pre-caution measure, but he didnt believe me :jamie: oh well if i need to take it to an engineer then, i will and he may just laugh =]

E70van - na mate wasnt me, i live in ballarat and car isnt registered yet so no driving 'legally' for me at the moment haha

Edited by jaygore

GJM85 - yea mate I recon I will keep it and honestly I don't think it will be very hard to pass at all. Once that is done, there is not a whole lot to do for me to pass a rwc so, once i pass that my car will be registered within the next couple of weeks :jamie:

So I got back from the engineer yesterday, this is going to really hit the pocket :hmm: he said he was not happy with the quilaty of the engine mount welds, he said it will have no problems in passing, but he will need to do some work and testing brakes and suspension and what not. So I'm most likely looking at 1000+ really did not budget for this :blush: oh well It needs to be done I spose so I may as well do it

So I got back from the engineer yesterday, this is going to really hit the pocket :blush: he said he was not happy with the quilaty of the engine mount welds, he said it will have no problems in passing, but he will need to do some work and testing brakes and suspension and what not. So I'm most likely looking at 1000+ really did not budget for this :( oh well It needs to be done I spose so I may as well do it

Sorry but that sounds like total crap.

Get another opinion :hmm:

there are only 3 engineers here, and one only does trucks and this guy is the cheapest, and due to the laws, I have more than 10% increase of power so now I need to get it engineered

unless someone can tell me that it should be ok to put a 5k in, but I am going to book my car in for another RWC today I think somewhere else

Well i looked at them and I don't think its the case. Iv decided to stick with my old RWC and he didnt want me to get it engineered. So I have been doing alot of work on my car today =]

I made a couple of discoveries :|

1. My car actually has already been upgraded from 4x110 to the 114.3 woooooo :hmm:

2. The front end suspension seems to be pretty much all new :blush:

so i am going to be throwing out my rubbish 13inch wheels and look at getting some 16's :( so this has put me into a good mood and a very hopefull mood!! Wooooo

dude, get some body filler, put a small amount on the top of your finger and run it along the weld so it looks smooth, then paint!

f@$k $800!

my foreman told me i need to get my car engineered cause i had a manual in it and custom made crossmember!

i told him to get FARRRKKKED!

so i am going to be throwing out my rubbish 13inch wheels and look at getting some 16's :hmm: so this has put me into a good mood and a very hopefull mood!! Wooooo

I would not recommend a such a large rim... your giving up your ability to corner hard and fast for little gain. You'll manage a higher top speed but you'll sacrifice acceleration for it. If you want big, don't go bigger than a 15"........ 13" or 14" is ideal for this size of car. Perhaps, consider, get something wider with a bit of offset to increase your wheel track and lower it a little if it isn't already.