Ke20 4K Twin Webbers

jaygore

$600 f@$k that man, that its just utterly rediculous!!!!

I would be kicking up a major stink if I were you. And whats a bet your mechanic paid less for the 4k from the wreckers and is keeping the difference too!!!

Just an idea - if its already mostly fitted, maybe you can give the mechanic a 4k (that you get here cheap) and then just pay him for labour!? Problem will be he'll say "what the hell am I supposed to do with the extra 4k!? I don't need it."

Mate,I would have told him to stop dead in his tracks,if you have a promise of a 5k and get a 4k then he hasnt fulfilled his part of the deal!don't pay him and threaten legal action,do you have anything in writing?Maybe use the car with the 4k while he sorts you out the right engine but its his fault not yours,geez mechs. can be a pain in the arse sometimes,anyway,good luck whichever way it goes!!!

Members dont see this ad

Apparently it was from toyospares in melbourne.... maybe I should call them and suss it out

Don't ask about the engine in question. Just ask them something generic like "how much do you guys normally charge for a 4k?" They then might say something to effect of "hmm actually we sold one last week for $150" etc. Record the conversation if you can!!!

Seen friends get in this position before. Yes you can not pay him.... but he can then keep your car until you do. Can turn into a vicious cycle.

Don't ask about the engine in question. Just ask them something generic like "how much do you guys normally charge for a 4k?" They then might say something to effect of "hmm actually we sold one last week for $150" etc. Record the conversation if you can!!!

Seen friends get in this position before. Yes you can not pay him.... but he can then keep your car until you do. Can turn into a vicious cycle.

Yea i just called them and 550-600 is the going price with them, so I am going to see if i can source another 4k and make him pay the difference

Or just flat out tell him - "I'm not paying for a 4k. You said $600 for a 5k..... thats what I want, find one. If you can't find one for under $600 then thats your problem, you shouldn't have quoted me $600".

Don't let them screw you, just remember the customer is always right. :yes:

Yea well toyospares were the ones who said they had a 5k, and apparently they are taking my5k engine, uh uh no way are they taking the 5k

I am going to rebuild it with my dad!

This is an outrage!

Hang on.... was $600 an EXCHANGE price!!!??? If so thats even more ludicrous. :huh:

Actually, just been thinking about it - The exchange bit might just give you some room to move with the mechinc/wreckers on the price.

If you were supposed to pay $600 for a 5k exchanged, then tell them you'll pay $600 for the 4k, but they're not getting the busted 5k as an exchange motor for the stuff around. They'd probably only value the busted 5k at like $100, so they might just be happy to settle things this way! :hmm: