Ke20 4K Twin Webbers

jaygore

• 2 weeks later...
Members dont see this ad

Ok guys I am only getting 150kms to a tank of petrol at the moment, Now i know the webbers will make the car alot more thirsty. But this seems wrong to me. Things like oil are fine, so its not using oil.

I am going to do a full oil and filter change, fuel filter, spark plugs and leads, new webber filters and go get it tuned.

Also the timing chain seems to be rattling badly, what should I do to resolve this?

Think about this.... the standard ke20 carb on a 3k had like 50mm of throttle body. 2 X 25mm primary and secondary. With twin 40mm webbers you have 160mm of throttle body and a 5k's larger displacement. Naturally you will use 4 times as much fuel. You could switch to a single DCOE webber and manifold or 3kb manifold with a DGV downy for a sacrafice in power.

If your interested in that, i'm sure you would find someone interested in swapping.... There is this single webber manifold... you could expect to double your fuel economy by just using one of you webbers.

............you need to get some fresh photos up. My 20 is in for paint in the next week or two so I wanna see what I can expect.

Edited by GJM85

• 2 months later...

Well guys I killed my 5K! BUGGER!! it decided to throw a conrod through the bottom of my engine

However, I have already gotten onto another 5k which should be here by next week, then dumping it in and changing over the twin webbers, get her tuned and I will be back on the road. But i will most likley be selling it once it is fixed. So keep an eye out for it guys, as it is a neat KE20

Hi guys, I should have my car back this week, and I am looking at changing the lights in my dash as they are extremely dim at night time, what would be the best type of globe to use for this? I don't want any silly bright lame colours, just something that will be a nice standard brighter light

600!!! I am really not happy at all!!!

I was promised the 5k and this is what happened, and now he has almost finished putting it all in, so its too late!!

$600 f@$k that man, that its just utterly rediculous!!!!

I would be kicking up a major stink if I were you. And whats a bet your mechanic paid less for the 4k from the wreckers and is keeping the difference too!!!

Just an idea - if its already mostly fitted, maybe you can give the mechanic a 4k (that you get here cheap) and then just pay him for labour!? Problem will be he'll say "what the hell am I supposed to do with the extra 4k!? I don't need it."