Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ke20 4K Twin Webbers

Featured Replies

  • Author

Oh sweeeet I shall look for some Nissan Tida steelies then :D

 

Also venetions are now installed so I will put an updated picture up shortly :D

 

I really think it set the car off just nicely

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 237
  • Views 72.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Went for a longish drive last night, and I have to say she is a rough ride since lowering her hahaah! But I'm not to fussed, will just need to buy a cushion for GORC other wise I will have a very sore

  • We'll miss you here. Hopefully it won't be too long before you're back though. Once Corolla's are in your blood, you are locked in for ever.

Posted Images

  • Author

Ok guys I am only getting 150kms to a tank of petrol at the moment, Now i know the webbers will make the car alot more thirsty. But this seems wrong to me. Things like oil are fine, so its not using oil.

 

I am going to do a full oil and filter change, fuel filter, spark plugs and leads, new webber filters and go get it tuned.

 

Also the timing chain seems to be rattling badly, what should I do to resolve this?

Think about this.... the standard ke20 carb on a 3k had like 50mm of throttle body. 2 X 25mm primary and secondary. With twin 40mm webbers you have 160mm of throttle body and a 5k's larger displacement. Naturally you will use 4 times as much fuel. You could switch to a single DCOE webber and manifold or 3kb manifold with a DGV downy for a sacrafice in power.

If your interested in that, i'm sure you would find someone interested in swapping.... There is this single webber manifold... you could expect to double your fuel economy by just using one of you webbers.

 

............you need to get some fresh photos up. My 20 is in for paint in the next week or two so I wanna see what I can expect.

Edited by GJM85

  • Author

Yea I will take some tonight, I plan on washing it and giving it a slight polish =] that will give you an idea :D

[quote name='jaygore' timestamp='1285644982' post='472039'

Also the timing chain seems to be rattling badly, what should I do to resolve this?

 

Maybe fit a new one? The tensioners could also be a little old and warn out.

  • Author

Yea I'm going to do a full service and then what ever else seems to be wrong with it, I will take it to the mechanic and get them to look at it, I'm not the best with this kind of thing :S

hey man how much did the venetians set you back ?

 

thanks

  • 2 months later...
  • Author

Well guys I killed my 5K! BUGGER!! it decided to throw a conrod through the bottom of my engine

 

However, I have already gotten onto another 5k which should be here by next week, then dumping it in and changing over the twin webbers, get her tuned and I will be back on the road. But i will most likley be selling it once it is fixed. So keep an eye out for it guys, as it is a neat KE20

  • Author

does anyone know if a 5k engine from TOYOSPARES in melb would be a recoed motor or just a pull out and sold as is? just not sure what I am getting :S the mechanic has organised it all

  • Author

Hi guys, I should have my car back this week, and I am looking at changing the lights in my dash as they are extremely dim at night time, what would be the best type of globe to use for this? I don't want any silly bright lame colours, just something that will be a nice standard brighter light

  • Author

I just got off of the phone with my mechanic....

 

NOT HAPPY

 

Its costing me the same amount, and all I'm getting is a 4K!!!! Not the 5K I was promised!

 

Will there be much difference in power??

 

I am extremely annoyed!!!!

So how much are you apying for the 4k?

 

Regardless of what state you're in you should be able to get a 4k in the parts trader for between $0 & $100.

 

Yes there is a bit of power difference.... and torque.

  • Author

600!!! I am really not happy at all!!!

 

I was promised the 5k and this is what happened, and now he has almost finished putting it all in, so its too late!!

600!!! I am really not happy at all!!!

 

I was promised the 5k and this is what happened, and now he has almost finished putting it all in, so its too late!!

 

$600 f@$k that man, that its just utterly rediculous!!!!

 

I would be kicking up a major stink if I were you. And whats a bet your mechanic paid less for the 4k from the wreckers and is keeping the difference too!!!

 

Just an idea - if its already mostly fitted, maybe you can give the mechanic a 4k (that you get here cheap) and then just pay him for labour!? Problem will be he'll say "what the hell am I supposed to do with the extra 4k!? I don't need it."

  • Author

Yea I know this has put me in a bugger of a position!!

 

This better be one good 4k, I would want it to be rebuilt pretty darn well for this price!

 

Apparently it was from toyospares in melbourne.... maybe I should call them and suss it out

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.