Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Te72/T18 Now With Extra 1Uz :)

Featured Replies

  • Author

Engine in lexus should be out tomorrow hopefully. Loosing license soon so will have plenty of time on the weekend now to work on the car, going to go have a look at gearbox and bellhouseing soon can't remember what brand but is close ratio gearbox with 1:1 5th gear bellhouseing, box, flywheel, and 2 clutches for about $2500 I think which doesn't sound too bad for what it is and should work out to be the most expensive part of the conversion.

 

Anyone know where I can get some roll cage tube and get it bent up for cheap in brisbane? all I need bent is front legs, window bar and rear hoop the rest of the cage I can build myself, got a quote from bond cages down south for about $1500 for whole cage shipped but I think I could do it cheaper by just getting those items bent up and finish everything else myself.

 

Also got some new wheels they are 14x7 -5 and 14x7.5 -15 SSR fins, 7.5's should fit overrated in front with the amount of camber and a slight roll and rears should be good enough fitment for skid wheels :) Will get some more nice looking skid wheels later on after conversion is done.

 

Oh also forgot am swapping my front AE86 JDM brakes for a RX7 setup the AJPS type so I can hopefully fit my 14's under them :)

  • Replies 102
  • Views 68k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Author

Pulled engine out of the lexus today was quite easy, how do people normally trick an auto ECU into thinking its in neutral? I have got the engine loom off fine, just need to find out if I need any of the body loom as well? Only needs to start and run, will be put behind manual box.

 

Nearly all of sound deadening out of interior, thinking of painting it the original beige as well not sure yet either that or white again not going to be show car quality but will be decent. Thinking of getting car soda blasted instead of sanding everything, only had one quote so far was $1600 for inside and out but not including underside of floorpan.

  • Author

Updated first post with a story :)

Been waiting for you to update this. This is going to be a seriously wild car!

  • Author

haah ye thought it was about time haha.

Anyone know where I can get some roll cage tube and get it bent up for cheap in brisbane?

 

Get the specs of what you want and have an exhaust shop do it. We used a smaller diameter but thicker wall than most people use for space reasons.

  • Author

Ah ok one of my dads mate owns one so might see if he can do it, thanks!

  • Author

where at?

Gonna be watching this, best of luck with it!

  • Author

Thanks, will need it. Just chasing people that want other parts off the Lexus trying to make back as much money off it as possible.

Thanks, will need it. Just chasing people that want other parts off the Lexus trying to make back as much money off it as possible.

Thats what happened when i did my ae101 4agze conversion, but i ended up throwing most parts away, i didnt want to store parts for months waiting for someone wanting a part.

  • Author

Actually fair bit of interest sold about $400 worth of stuff so far and selling a guard, door and park light for $215 on wednesday.

Actually fair bit of interest sold about $400 worth of stuff so far and selling a guard, door and park light for $215 on wednesday.

Really? Good on ya mate. I had no interest whatsoever in my leftovers from the conversion.

I suppose the ae101 trueno wasnt sold in Australia, and the trueno/levin parts werent in demand much. I guess.

  • Author

whole car was only $1200 too :) haha

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.