Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Crowie55's 1979 Ke55 Coupe.

Featured Replies

After several months of having no rolla it started to bug me. So I seen this car advertised on rollaclub and went down to the bank and get a loan. a few days later I was on a plane bound for sydney to pick up my new rolla.

post-9001-1275209802_thumb.jpg

 

post-9001-1275210185_thumb.jpg

 

specs: 1979 ke55 Coupe, repsrayed white approx 12 months ago, 4k/3spd auto, 2.5" exaust with 3"dump pipe.

 

Progress: today I replaced the fuel tank with one out of my 4 door wreck, replaced rooted dash and pad with overrated ones, fitted mrk3's and purchased some king Springs.

 

Plans: Remove all remaining rust from the car, get side guard and bonney resprayed. clean engine bay up, get the leaves reset and an extra leaf added, fitt kings and crrruuuiissee.

 

Drove the car today round town and got heaps of looks, heaps of people commenting on how good the car looked. havn't got any pics of the car with the rims on yet but they look realy good on the car. even better than I expected. Will post some proper pics up tomorrow of interior and before and after pics of the work i have done. I hope to have the car perfect in the next few weeks.

 

Cheers, Crowie

  • Replies 52
  • Views 81k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Author

Update: chucked the mrk3's on during the week. just a sneaky lil photo for you guys to check out.

 

Also: If anyone has manual conversion stuff (besides box) I could buy for this car that would be great.

post-9001-1275691908_thumb.jpg

Cheers, Crowie

Nice. Lovin' your Ke55 mate. :abuse:

 

I like the plans you have for this, especially the "crrruuuiissee" part. :D

 

Josh :P

  • 2 months later...
  • Author

Well it’s been a while since I updated this thread. Few little updates are as follows:

Lowered it 2.5" in the back got some strut inserts for the front and king springs.

One night I stupidly left my car open and it was broken into, stereo and iPod where stolen. Now running Sony head unit with a 12' sub and 80gb iPod classic for ultimate song selection :P

Also got my manual licence today, I'm hooked! Drove my brothers 4 door pig round last week and loved it compared to a 3 speed. So I plan to change over soon.

So as it stands now I just need to get the bonnet and drivers quarter resprayed (in 2pack not spray can), manual conversion, and would also like to lower the front approx another 2".

 

I would also like to get your guys and gals thoughts on getting the seats retimed black and grey same pattern as the stock brown and tan ones with black carpet and trims to match?

 

Old pics of car at all jap day before front was lowered.

post-9001-1283162468_thumb.jpg

post-9001-1283162489_thumb.jpg

post-9001-1283162515_thumb.jpg

post-9001-1283162876_thumb.jpg

 

Cheers, Crowie.

Edited by Crowie55

I see you have taste. Good stuff!

Nice ride, ive always wanted one of these and yours looks great :hmm:

  • 1 month later...

looks sic now give me a call so we can get this thing manual already lol

come on man give the people updates on why i used up my saturday

overrated 55 man :)

 

our cars are almost twins

 

jap spec :P

 

all you need is fender mirrors

  • Author

agius: I don't think fenders would look good on mine, though they look mad on yours.

 

Update: Thanks to Phil_keto my coupe is now rocking a 4spd manual instead of the 3spd auto. Phil not only sold me the parts cheap but also helped me install it. Bloody legend! Previous to this conversion I've only owned auto rolla's, I've got to say that a conversion is a must. The car is lighter, steers better, accelerates amazingly (auto diff ratios) and alot lower revs on the highway.

 

On the cards: I've sussed out all the work involved with changing to a 7k. Going to call around a few places today and see if they have any 7k's up for grabs, just put a webber and extractors on it and place it in.

 

Also might be getting 30 bars soon, piss them 55 rubber end ones off.

give the bonnet and quarter another coat of paint and buff it up

 

can't get pictures atm because the camera charger has gone missing.

 

Cheers, Crowie

i know it might look weird but i have a fender mirror on mine and it work a treat and we have the same car lol

 

also you should get a front lip a proper ke3x to 5x one as well hard to come buy but will look awsome

post-8250-006430900 1287562152_thumb.jpg

Edited by Undertaker_is_the_best

well man il help you drop the 7k in boss so hit me up when its time. love this car overrated as looks 100 percent better in person.

your alrite mate willing to help anyone whos willing to help me out when i need it.

your car looks clean mate! loving the SSR MK3 rims.. really sets it off :y:

your car looks clean mate! loving the SSR MK3 rims.. really sets it off :y:

 

i agree they do look good on the 55 coupe i mean my ma61s look tough on mine but the mrk3 look even better

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.