May 31, 201016 yr comment_441403 hey just wondering to all the people who have actually gone throught the process of importing a car?? -where there any dramas - did it cost allot to get it here and register it?? -who did you deal with to make life easier like an importer?? \ just the basics because it has been on my mind allot latley and was just wondering if its as much of a hassle as most people think?? Report
May 31, 201016 yr comment_441406 Where do you want to import from? What type of car? Price will differ between countries the car is imported from. Type etc. Some cars you will not be able to import and get road legal. I'm not sure about oz but NZ really came down hard importing older model cars. Edited May 31, 201016 yr by blzbub666 Report
May 31, 201016 yr Author comment_441409 sorry mate um japan just an import anything relly but i know in aus we can't bring 1 in thats more than 20 years old bcz they will throw the book at it but any info would be great thanks Report
May 31, 201016 yr comment_441415 I'd suggest google "japanese car importers" and email/ring them. If you're looking at an older car I'd expect the price to exponentially increase with how old it is/ how worthwhile it is. If it was never avaliable in oz then have deep pockets. Report
May 31, 201016 yr comment_441417 Ask the people that do the job of importing cars first. Corolla's were delivered to Australia so chances are 99.99% of people on here have never imported a car because there's one next door they can buy. Report
May 31, 201016 yr comment_441435 You just want anything so long as it's imported? Did I read that correctly? Report
June 1, 201016 yr comment_441480 I imported my JZX100 myself... Get an import broker, let them do the hard work. It's not worth the headache. :D Report
June 1, 201016 yr comment_441484 try http://www.ironchefimports.com/site/index....7&Itemid=31 he was the importer of my legnum and the majority of legnums here in australia... He knows his stuff and how hunt down a good deal :D Report
June 1, 201016 yr comment_441528 I imported my Altezza myself, but I was immigrating here so it came it under a different paperwork system compared to just buying a car overseas. It never needed to be engineered or have stuff like rear kiddie seat anchorages added. Report
June 1, 201016 yr comment_441585 I've heard various tidbits here and there, don't know how much of it is true though. I've heard that you aren't allowed to import anything older than 10 (or maybe 20) years, meaning most of the old s13s, 86s etc can't be brought over. I've heard that if it wasn't sold in australia you need a compliance plate/engineers certificate, probably only if the model wasn't actually sold in Australia though (for example you are only able to get one engine size with the new Evo X in Australia, but there are two or three larger capacities available around the world). With that said I don't think it's impossible and as everyone has said, ask an actual importer. I used to work with a guy who's dad was an importer. Him and his dad imported an oldschool Camaro (or something like that) and got it registered (even though it was left hand drive). So I guess anything is possible. Report
June 1, 201016 yr comment_441609 Importing pre-1988 cars fairly easy, go here for starters; http://www.infrastructure.gov.au/roads/veh...cles/index.aspx If you need any futher info just PM Report
June 1, 201016 yr comment_441650 ALWAYS make sure that u get any small bits and pieces locked in a suitcase in the boot though and get the key expressed to you the wharfies like taking souvenirs off ur newly delivered cars mate lost 600 bucks worth of stuff because of them (gear knob, turbo timer, apexi safc) Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now