4k-c Turbo Build!

Jaydnisevil

So you've had a TD04-L on a 4k have you?

I'm not in the greatest of moods tonight, so you can just go play with your mis-information. Don't expect help for me again. I'm sure somebody else here will tell you that you just shot yourself in the foot.

BTW, your graph is for a TD04H. :)

I'm not saying it wont work, because clearly it does, but its just excessive unless your running 15+ psi..

Subaru put that on a 2L motor running 1bar for a reason. If they had a 1.3L engine, I can assure you they would use a smaller turbo.

Lol Fair enough, your in a shitty mood and I'm being stubborn :)

Feel free to chime out, and I thank you for your help up to now :bash:

PS: If you look above the photo, I said its a TD04-H because I couldn't find my L map.

At 6000 rpm, a 1.3L motor only pumps out 65L per second (0.065M^3 per second).. (assuming your pumping 65L per second at 6000rpm, which given the age of the head design and the cam profile, I highly doubt.) 7psi is a pressure ratio of about 1.47 6psi is around 1.4

Edited by Jaydnisevil

Members dont see this ad
So you've had a TD04-L on a 4k have you?

I'm not in the greatest of moods tonight, so you can just go play with your mis-information. Don't expect help for me again. I'm sure somebody else here will tell you that you just shot yourself in the foot.

BTW, your graph is for a TD04H. :)

I'm not saying it wont work, because clearly it does, but its just excessive unless your running 15+ psi..

Subaru put that on a 2L motor running 1bar for a reason. If they had a 1.3L engine, I can assure you they would use a smaller turbo.

Lol Fair enough, your in a shitty mood and I'm being stubborn :)

Feel free to chime out, and I thank you for your help up to now :bash:

PS: If you look above the photo, I said its a TD04-H because I couldn't find my L map.

At 6000 rpm, a 1.3L motor only pumps out 65L per second (0.065M^3 per second).. (assuming your pumping 65L per second at 6000rpm, which given the age of the head design and the cam profile, I highly doubt.) 7psi is a pressure ratio of about 1.47 6psi is around 1.4

Edited by Jaydnisevil

Manufactuer's run basically the smallest size turbo they can on there engine's to make it feel more like a non turbo car so that it flows better. As the majority of buyers are non performance nuts and are after a smooth driving car. Hence you always run a turbo that a factory would fit to something bigger on a smaller engine.

And 6,000 on a 4k with your pissy little ct9? Sorry but you'll be way out of efficiancy by then easily. A t25g standard on an s13 sr20det. Read 2.0L engine will start to run out of puff at around 5-5,500rpm on a 5k and that's only a 1.5L so on a 4k would prob start dropping of around 5.5 to 6 grand. And I'd recommend a t25g at the smallest. My mrs has a t25/t28 turbo on her 4k. Basically your stupid for wanting to use a turbo of a 1.3L unless you only want like 50-60rwkw and like to waste money.

And tax_rx well he would be one of the most experianced guys on here when it comes to turbo k motor's and you just blew him and wouldn't listen to his actual FACTS from his own turbo 4k he had and now turbo 5k he has. A t25g 0.48 rear turbo on a 4k will spool quick and eat your ct9 powered 4k on the same boost all day everyday and have potential for more power also. And shot yourself in the foot is being nice. I'd say shot yourself in the kneecap buddy.

If you want a stock 1.3 turbo go buy a stock charade. No point in putting effort into turboing an engine just to choke it with a ct9 lol. Unless you want less top end then a stock n/a 4k cause that's what the ct9 will do. It'll choke the shit out of it up top.

Matt.

Why? The stock carb has the fuel bowl vented directly into the carby throat... Actually they have two vents from the fuel bowl into the carby throats.

The only reason I could think where the stock carb would need to be boxed is to avoid blowing out the rubber bit around the accelerator pump.

You're right felix, some..... well actually most have some sort of vent to the float bowl. However Tom is also right because I was once helpinga guy with a ktc setup with a Falcon weber, which as far as we could find didn't have a float bowl vent in the carby top.

Yeh, some carbs (including some of the webers I've seen I reckon) run the fuel bowl vent parallel to the throat. Seeing as most people talk about upgrading carby on a turbo setup I was assuming they'd probably not use a factory one.

I fiddled a bit with my mates turbo stanza running a Falcoon (32/36?) weber and that thing kept blowing motors because it was leaning out at high revs without the reference line.... BAM.

Edited by philbey

It should have been doing more than just leaning out, it should have been braking down all together as the fuel was being pushed back to the tank!

BTW I think the falcon ones are more like 36/36 or maybe even 36/38 ish

Think the falcon's are 36/3. From memory.

And diesel turbo. They are designed for all low end. And can normally handle alot of boost. If you already have it and it's brand new then use it. Alot of people suggest and like turbo's with 0.48 rear. So it's only a touch smaller. Little bit earlier spool. So shouldn't be to bad. See if you can find out the wheel sizes. And taz_rx or madrolla68 will know better then me