Ke20 Slotted Rotors

jaygore

Members dont see this ad

Slotted will improve it to some degree, but you can't beat size when it comes to brakes. I would put the money towards bigger rotors and better calipers... but depends on your application. Are we talking a car with a K engine drive on the street, or a race car with a 7K? :yes:

I'm not going to put anything more than slotted front rotors and ke55 import drums on any 4k engined corolla I own - the whole point of a k powered corolla is that its light and original, and bigger brakes = increased unsprung weight.

when we do the 4agte ke20 it will have the lightest smallest but satisfactory brakes I can come up with. Basically no bigger than a corolla with factory fitted 4agte for the same reason - probably slotted/drilled though with a good compound pad...

Robert.

I think people under estemate stock brake set ups.

Some slotted rotors as the ones you have mentioned, and some good pads, and fluid you would be fairly supprised at the differecne.

And as Rob said the less unsprung weight the better.

you can get slotted ke55/ke70 rotors from your local brake shop. you can then convert ke20 or any early ke corolla to ke55/ke70 front brakes (very easy from memory) and put them on. buy bendix ultimate pads for the rear of a vn commodore and they go straight in.

Robert.

Listing is for slotted , not vented. Will probably be an upgrade but unless you realy want to keep the 12" wheels,

for a K powered car Id rather look for some ke3x ,5x ,or7x discs and calipers witch are slightly larger and would be better than those 200mm items

You would need 13" wheels for them though

• 2 months later...

Hi thanks for that guys, been a bit slack on this issue haha

Are there any threads on these upgrades with step by step on how to do it?? Iv searched for ages but still have not found anything, I'm think i will go to Ke70 front disks and then get slotted rotors and my mate works at bendix so i can get bendix brake pads cheap :)