2011 Great Ocean Road Trip Discussion Thread

TheNOBBLER

Jeez... Your cutting it as I am! At least my engines out! I'm not sure what you have left to do (Gze conversion yeah?) but I have panel work and paint, put the 5k together and sort the delloroto's out, exhaust, manual conversion, rebuild rear brakes (just finished the front), polish my wheels and put tyres on then sort out the suspension!

DAMN!

It WILL be there :yes:

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah i have to buy exhaust manifold/make up rest of exhaust and buy front suspension and brakes. The rest of the parts that are necessary i have in shed etc. Hoping to put it on club reg, if not i'll figure something out to drive for the run :yes:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in!!! Not liking my chances of having Sudi back on the road by then (respray,brake upgrade,1st year apprentice wages :-( ) but am in the process of getting the AE80 back on the road so if needs be I'll attend with all the fury a 1.3 litre SOHC,2 valves per cylinder carby 4spd can! There's worse crimes than killing a 2-AC engine LOL. Last cruise was a blast, can't wait!

Cheers

Luke

Edited by carbonboy

• 2 weeks later...

Booking in these dates tomorrow with work and talked to the ex about not being in ballarat that weekend. Only thing holding me back now is cash (95% certain i'm cool for that) and a car (i'll jump in with someone else if i get desperate i guess).

:P

Booking in these dates tomorrow with work and talked to the ex about not being in ballarat that weekend. Only thing holding me back now is cash (95% certain i'm cool for that) and a car (i'll jump in with someone else if i get desperate i guess).

:hmm:

Stop being a pussy and bring the Cressida Joel!

Ok so I should definatly be there :hmm:

Been a bit slack on this thread, but I will be joining in with a twin carbed 5k, the noise factor is going to be amazing... I remeber a WRX cruise down in apollo bay one day, and that was extremely loud!!

But I am also hoping to have my car sc/tc by this time as well, but I spose we will see how I go with that one

Well I won't be running twin carbs anymore... But I will still be making lots of aural entertainment :hmm:

I'm doing a trip to Apollo bay soon so I will be booking accomodation and sorting out some event locations/ideas etc while I'm there. Should be good.

Great to see more interest from newish members as well, not to mention interstaters! Someone might take the longest distance award off Ted and Justin!

JP

Yea plenty of camping grounds in apollo bay, I would suggest the big one in between Apollo bay and Marengo, Cheap and large =] and should be good, this will be my first ever cruis =] never got along to any of the victoria VR4 ones, when I had my legnum, so am really looking forward to this one :hmm: