Sr20 Ke30

that was a quick conversion! i think it's a great package, spoiled by the looks. needs chrome trim and some good looking wheels, maybe simmons or dragways, something old school but tough. you could even go down to 15s and it would still look awesome, probably even better than it currently does

i agree with doug, metallic painted bumpers and stuff would look good, we did that to a mate's ke70, with gunmetal grey, and it was great :cool:

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was the first event i have attended in the rola, and i am stoked :cool:

The reaction from people was amazing! Old guys were getting out of their supercharged V8s to tell me that my car looks insane. There was rarely a moment that people werent standing around looking at it. I could not believe that a corolla could ever get so much attention :P

The 15s are on the back getting fried. brand new 195/50s...... :lol:

S13 sr20, with custom alloy radiator (800x450), battery in boot, 3inch exhaust, Wolf 3D version 4, MSD type ignition, S13 5spd, bluebird tailshaft, EB falcon diff 28 spline LSD with pintara 4:11 gears.

VT SS commodore front disks and callipers, camary wet leg strut tubes(shorter), with adj custom coil over, VN commodore master cyl, EB falcon rear disks.

hey, did you need yo shorten the diff to fit it under there and i am guessing a custom tailshaft? what do you my by camry wet leg strut tubes? did you have to machine your own hubs to get the commodore discs on?

Cheers, Calvin

The diff needed both sides of the tube shortened, and one axel respline(swapping the short axel to the long side,and re-splining the long axel to be the short one.

Tailshaft is made up of a bluebird(replaceable) front uni and tube and the falcon rear uni.

cost of the work to the tailshaft was $130 +parts.

Cost of all of the machining to shorten the diff was $800 +parts.

The commodore disks were fitted by machining down the old corolla disk so it is really small- and then drilling a series of about 15 holes around it. the commodore disk then has the hub machined out of it then drilled in the same manner,except tapping threads in the holes. The two are then bolted together with allen key bolts, approx 15 of them.

Custom calliper brackets are then machined.

Cost of this work was approx $350 +parts.

The camary strut tubes were fitted to the corolla base only because they are shorter then the original corolla items - giving an extra 3" of travel to the front end. Wet leg struts just means the factory design has been used, not cartriges. This means shockie rates can be adjusted in the same way as a motorbike, by useing thicker or thinner oils.

:cool: :lol:

Maybe a bit too much unsprung weight though.......it seems to handle ok, even though i havnt looked at the handling yet.....but i think it could really become a disadvantage if i tried to set it up for track.......... :cool:

i guess i'll find out soon enough :lol:

... needs chrome trim and some good looking wheels, maybe simmons or dragways, something old school but tough. you could even go down to 15s and it would still look awesome, probably even better than it currently does

Agree on this one..

It is a clean rolla indeed, but yeah.. just a lil overkill on the "midori". Chrome bumpers and handles would set this thing off! Contrast :lol:

Or if you wanna impress me even more..shave the handles OFF! :cool:

• 3 weeks later...

I just took the rola to the drags yesterday, and I'm excited!

It ran a 14.9 at 91 mph, crossing the line in third at 8000rpm, so the gearing was perfect.

I also had it on a dyno a few weeks back and it put out 110hp at the treads, beating a whole heap of worked dattos, sigmas, and geminis. except for one gemini which ran an injected 2.6 extremely worked. It put out 140hp! na....HOLY CRAP!.......so i got secound in the 4cyl class. :D