The Cruise Thread

SLW42

Members dont see this ad

Dayboro Butcher does absolutely amazing sweet chilli chicken wings. I used to voyage all the way up there from Brissy just for them. If you're having a cruise up anywhere near there with the word 'barbeque' involved you simply must try their stuff.

I normally go Mains Rd, Freeway, Turbot St, The Valley, Kingsfordsmith Dr(like to have a look at the river and any tall ships on the way) and jump on the old gateway motorway(love those undulating sweepers when no one is looking) to head north so how about the Hamilton Hotel car park 8, 9, or 10'ish? I stay up late and get up early so whenever is fine by me. Pull up at a Moroochy beach car park for some more tyre kicking and a chuckle at the tourists swimming in the cold water or whatever then some more sweepers heading north for a lunch somewhere. I drive a Corolla 'cause I like that it's a well balanced car and I like to speed up for corners so having some sweepers in the route will be a good thing ;) Open to other suggestions, just trying to get the ball rolling.

I was fishing for some input on a start time 'cause I don't know what people get up to on Saturday night but it looks like it'll be up to me, the newbie, to do the decisioning.

I'd like to start a bit early to miss the worst of the traffic heading north so 6.30 - 7.00am Sunday at the Hamilton Hotel carpark. If that's too early feel free to suggest an alternative time.

I'll be in a burgundy AE92 hatch with a black roof, "20ft paintjob" and factory alloy wheels.

I'll bring the brown KE70 and if GJM85 comes that makes 3. Anybody else?

Also I've got no idea where the Hamilton Hotel car park is, and if we're going to meet up somewhere we should give each other our numbers. I'll PM you Moe.

If its Sunday I can probs meet you cats somewhere. Depends if I do car stuff Saturday. Let me know if you're doing a coast run Ill meet somewhere but depending on Saturday will mean Ill meet you either close to Brisbane or closer to the coast.

I'll have to buy some oil.