After Market Bucket Seats And Seat Rails For Ae82

Members dont see this ad

I got some rails from Yahoo Japan via Import monster. They were specifically made for an AE86 to take LX Recaro's that were initially fitted in a JXA70R Supra. Bolted in perfectly.

It looks as if they make rails to suit almost any application, especially if your donor car uses a well known brand of sport seat. I probably ended up paying about $300 or so for a pair including shipping, but I picked up the seats cheaply so didn't mind. There were multiplke sellers for this sort of stuff.

Perhaps have a search on yahoo

I had a look last year at Idealseat (the Victorian reseller for Recaro) and I think off the top of my head they charged about 200-500 per seat to get the rails made up (but I'm assuming that was when you bought a seat through them), so I guess the $1000 sort of makes sense...

When I fitted a Sparco seat to my 55 I just got 2 metal strips, bolted the strips to the old rails and the seat to the strips.

For the FTO seats I've got in my AE86 my mechanic modified the 86 rails to fit the seats, not sure how long it took (was mixed in with the bill for other work on the car) but it would've been a couple of hundred (under 500).

If you know exactly what seat you wanna put in have a search around and you might be able to find someone that has done it before.

You guys are talking about ae86 but I have an ae82 twin cam.I'm thinking wrx or r32 gtr seats I just need someone to make the rails.will ae86 after market rails bolt into an ae82 because if they do I know a guy here in Perth who could quite easly get ae86 after market rails and seats

You guys are talking about ae86 but I have an ae82 twin cam.I'm thinking wrx or r32 gtr seats I just need someone to make the rails.will ae86 after market rails bolt into an ae82 because if they do I know a guy here in Perth who could quite easly get ae86 after market rails and seats

No. Did you look at the links I bothered to post up for you?