March 6, 201115 yr Author comment_508089 Got my stainless (very well reinforced and welded mind you) turbo manifold on saturday, the turbo flange sits 10cm from the block so it looks like I am having to go a half radiator but that is no problem as I have one sitting at work, hopefully the head gets done in the next 2 weeks and I get a confirmation back on the toyota gasket set so I can start doing the engine. Edited March 6, 201115 yr by Trev Report
March 6, 201115 yr comment_508108 The manifold looks very solid Trev. Ive seen cheap shitty ones crack the first time they get heated up. Whats the brand? Or was it a custom job? Report
March 7, 201115 yr comment_508236 i am a firm believer of no stainless in manifolds. it wont crack but itll likely warp after extensive use. if its that close to the rad id be shielding it big time. stainless has a habit of cooking EVERYTHING around it lol Edited March 7, 201115 yr by Ella Report
March 7, 201115 yr Author comment_508261 The manifold looks very solid Trev. Ive seen cheap shitty ones crack the first time they get heated up. Whats the brand? Or was it a custom job? Yeah it is braced at every joint unlike eBay specials, not 100% on the brand but it is JASMA certified and is the same as other manifolds sold on the Jasma Japan website, probably just something knocked up in a Japan sweat shop :laff: I grabbed the radiator and an intercooler from work today, the intercooler is way too big but I might get it modified and the radiator I am unsure of until I can get my turbo and try a test fit. Report
March 7, 201115 yr Author comment_508264 aye trev you gonna be running a external gate? :yes: No, going with the internal. Report
March 7, 201115 yr comment_508265 wearing a skirt on this build? imagine pulling up to a set of lights and some bogans in a clapped out vs commodore try to drag you. leaving them for dead with sore ears and creamed dacks from the gate! Report
March 7, 201115 yr Author comment_508266 wearing a skirt on this build? imagine pulling up to a set of lights and some bogans in a clapped out vs commodore try to drag you. leaving them for dead with sore ears and creamed dacks from the gate! You don't need an external gate to have a screamer. Ever tried fitting an external gate after you have faced the turbo flange? The only way to make a proper waste gate pipe is to run a screamer or flex joint it into the exhaust and the flex pipes look shit. Report
March 7, 201115 yr Author comment_508315 SCREAMER MOFO Nah man, I have driven cars with screamers, it really does get annoying and I am trying to keep this as low down as possible, no visible front mount, recirc bov etc. Report
March 7, 201115 yr Author comment_508325 Ahhhh, bowls hat, knitted blanket and colostomy bag? Nah, just a pos 4age sedan :laff: Report
March 8, 201115 yr comment_508510 +1 on external gate :D hahahaha, it's just to bad that it wont fit in the engine bay Have you considered moving the rad and cooler forward if it's at all possible?? Report
March 8, 201115 yr Author comment_508527 +1 on external gate :D hahahaha, it's just to bad that it wont fit in the engine bay Have you considered moving the rad and cooler forward if it's at all possible?? Looking into it. Report
March 8, 201115 yr comment_508535 keep it cool, keep it quiet.... ....it'll still go like the clappers. :y: :y: :y: ....and that't what opens eyes. Edited March 8, 201115 yr by GJM85 Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now