Hi Guys Wanna Do Up My E80

andys-corolla

hey guys i got an Toyota corolla e80 and just wounding what i can do to it i at tafe at the moment studying but hoping i get a good job outta it i don't get much money so i just wanna know what you guys would do first and roughly how much it will cost got told it will cost $510 for a 2"cat back exhaust system with resonator x-force cannon or $380 same system but with sport muffler and tip and that all fitted the car a 5speed manual 1.6 carby.

post-11627-1281652012_thumb.jpg

post-11627-1281652067_thumb.jpg

post-11627-1281652120_thumb.jpg

the black car is my mate just askin but would his front bar fit my car which is the white one

post-11627-1281652197_thumb.jpg

Members dont see this ad

well the question is,

what do YOU want to do ?

Q1, do you want to go faster in a straight line?

Q2, do you want to go round corners fast?

Q3, do you just want to make it sound like its going faster?

Q4, do you just want to make it look like its going faster?

Q5, do you want to feel like your going faster?

Q6, do you not want to go fast at all, but just impress the ladies, uneducated peers and 14yr old kids?

to these options i offer the following,

A1, new engine, either 4age 16V or 20V, given you are on your Ps, only the 16V is an option.

A2, suspension modifications, decent springs/shocks, swaybars etc (what i would do)

A3, sports exhaust, cannon, pod filter. clacker on the spokes of your front left wheel.

A4, paint it red, add flames, and some HID head lights.

A5, Bucket seat, decent sports steering wheel.

A6, neon lights, subwoofers, fake carbon fibre inserts, monster tacho, isotta steering wheel.

welcome to rollaclub! nice looking clean ae80 you go there.

i hate people in 4X4 why buy one if you don't go out bush bashing

pretty much i wanna make it go fast all round and sound good but not over bored fast where the cops wanna pull me over also wanna make it look good like mags and body kit, pretty much got sound system all ready just need sub and amp so yeah but not sure where to start and i don't really like the big tacho

Edited by andys-corolla

pretty much i wanna make it go fast all round and sound good but not over bored fast where the cops wanna pull me over also wanna make it look good like mags and body kit, pretty much got sound system all ready just need sub and amp so yeah but not sure where to start and i don't really like the big tacho

Do these things go together with an 80s Corolla donning P plates? If you want a pimp mobile that goes fast and you're on your provisional license, I wouldn't be concerned with police pulling you over. It's going to happen either way, the least you can do is enjoy yourself.

Over sized novelty tachometer probably won't do much for any of the things you want to achieve. If over sized novelty tachometer is the first thing in your price range though, go with some lower springs to give you that pimptastic style. As CA-ROLLA said, having low springs will make you an excellent driver as well as make ladies' clitoris enlarge.

now now, let's not get all rice about your corolla. Body kits are over rated with the exception of a fat lip, which I can give you if you step on my toes.

As you are on your P it will be some time before you can "go fast". So... get some good wheels, I wouldn't go bigger than a 15" as it will compromise your ability to turn corners fast and hard. Get some lowered springs, which will lower and stiffen your ride.... and don't cut the ones you'ce got. Get a front strut brace to reduce "chassis flexing" in the front.

That alone will enable you to go around corners fast.

From here make your car comfortable with stereo, fix any damage, or anything that is cosmetically wrong.

Now for the next 3 years save you money, look after your car with regular service and maintainence, don't smoke weed and by the time your on your opens you can do what you want to the car you have or like me, buy a ke20!

PEACE!

To GJM85, most unrealistic post ever. He wants advice about doing up his car, whether or not he has questionable taste is irrelevant. Also I hardly think he wants to wait three years before doing anything, otherwise he'd probably just be saving up for a Skyline or something similar rather than getting an AE8*.

Being a young chap myself I was in a similar boat a couple of years ago. I started with a stock KE35 that was falling apart and barely ran, got an old KE55 and resprayed. Then over time (several years) we started replacing things; dropped in a 7k, sports seats and wheel, neons, custom dash and other things here and there. My advice would be not to rush it, take your time and do it (semi) right.

By that I mean don't go out next week and start buying a 4AGE and turbo and some king springs then not have any money left to actually install it (One of my mates was working on an SR20 bluebird swap for about 3 years which never got finished cause he was too poor). On the other hand, don't just give up or spend 10 years saving up for something; do some research (like you are now) and set some realistic goals. Also remember this is (probably?) your first car so in 6 months or a years time you might find you don't like rollas (don't know why you wouldn't, they are awesome :D) and you also have to be prepared for the harsh fact that (almost) everyone has some sort of accident in their first car (so don't bother fitting a fully sik body kit till after that :P ).

Most of all have fun! And remember that it's your car so in the end do what you want.

Replace it with an AE82 twin cam by which I mean sell your car. They are worth bugger all to buy these day, and if you are patient you will find a really clean one. Then almost certainly you will get the same money you laid out on it when you sell yours on. Then you will have a good zippy car with better modification potential.

If you buy a crashed car and swap it across you may have insurance issues?? Why go to the effort of swapping everything over when you don't have to.