Removal Of Ae71 Heater Hoses.

Ben-89

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neatness. Some people like the moulded OEM design, don't have to worry about getting right length and all the bends are in the right places rather than having to try and bend generic hose into the right shape (and then it won't hold it and just arch instead)

hmm yeah point noted.

in that case if you can't find anything specific for ae71, then supercheap (or any auto parts store) have a fair range of moulded hoses, maybe just try and match the ae71 one to one. as hiro sais, you only really want the bends to be the same.

hmm yeah point noted.

in that case if you can't find anything specific for ae71, then supercheap (or any auto parts store) have a fair range of moulded hoses, maybe just try and match the ae71 one to one. as hiro sais, you only really want the bends to be the same.

I have seen the heat gun trick too and the hose started smoking a bit so that idea was canned. I'll be on the prowl for some oem hoses as that is the guy I am.... I apprecaite all the replies guys, so keep any suggestions coming.

Am I missing something too??

You do not need to remove the heater core to do a manual conversion :D

Hey Luke,

Recently Paul and myself are doing a manual conversion on his ae71, and in order to remove the two bolts from the top of the pedal box, you need to loosen off the surrounding wiring loom and unbolt the windscreen demister ducting - preety easy to do. But to completley remove the ducting the core must be pulled out so the ducting can be dropped and pulled away accordingly.

Its a pain to do, but we had to do it that way. If there is another way without remocing the core feel free to share.

i tried the "REEFING" approach on heater lines on a ke30 at pick a part, didnt come off, tried twisting etc etc nothing i cut the core pipe, took the hose home and stuck it in the vice to remove the tube! LOL

That is exactly what I should have done to the ae71 at pick a part in campbellfield. I have found another ae71 to do that on though.... Might go back tomorrow or sunday.

That is exactly what I should have done to the ae71 at pick a part in campbellfield. I have found another ae71 to do that on though.... Might go back tomorrow or sunday.

Hi Ben,

re-read exactly what you want.

Grab and twist as hard as you can.

If I can't get it, which is rare, I employ my brother. Knows nothing about cars (is a brickie, now driving my old KE35) but has the strongest grip I've ever seen.

He breaks parts just looking at them! He's not allowed to touch cars without my instruction!

If you know someone with forearms like tree trunks, get them to go with you!

Hey Luke,

Recently Paul and myself are doing a manual conversion on his ae71, and in order to remove the two bolts from the top of the pedal box, you need to loosen off the surrounding wiring loom and unbolt the windscreen demister ducting - preety easy to do. But to completley remove the ducting the core must be pulled out so the ducting can be dropped and pulled away accordingly.

Its a pain to do, but we had to do it that way. If there is another way without remocing the core feel free to share.

I have done this conversion myself. I simply loosened the demister ducting and then manouvred my socket with extension bar underneath it to get to the very top left bolt. I removed quite a few parts and was trying to remove the ducting completely but decided it was too hard and did it the way I just described.

I get that you take care of your cars and so did I when I did mine. Doing it this way makes it possible, you don't have to mutilate your car and it is wayyyyy quicker than removing that heater core.

When I remove pedal boxes from cars at wreckers I just smash the socket through the ducting :(