Nancy The Ke70

bAKER

Nancy

'81 KE70 Auto Flat Front.

Ex-Rental from Ace Car rentals

Picked her up last year some time. Was really into the 4age conversions and i wanted to do it badly. Bought it for $400 with a 4 speed thrown in.

DSC00413.jpg

DSC00412.jpg

DSC00414.jpg

Hendo drove it back to his house, where we marvelled at it for an hour or so.

He had some star sharks lying around, i instantly fell in love.

She is in perfect condition except for the body work and interior, only cosmetic. The body is perfectly straight no rust in the chassis.

There was a bit of bubbling in the rear fenders and the paint was starting to fade from being left in the sun its whole life.

She has a blue interior which I don't really like, but most of the vinyl is in good nic so I'm most likely going to keep it until i can afford to change it.

My Plans:

To make it as JDM as possible.

4age cruiser

These ideas were pretty vague, but I had time to decide.

AE71's ...AE71 was the most awesome looking thing id ever seen so far, so I'm pretty much going copy this exactly haha. The red on white just looks great.

So at this point I'm going to go with the Red and White theme. Red on White and Chrome.

White car everything chrome, JDM bumpers, JDM tail lights, Red fender mirrors. Hopefully, some Red starsharks: like the ones that were so close to me in the beginning.

web.jpg

I found this on some random website, its pretty much perfect.

Red stripe, white and chrome everywhere.

I bought a 4age set up and got ready to fit it.

I really wanted to do everything 100% legal, because I was a bit silly near the start of my Ps.

I got home one day, and started pulling the 4k out. Now, this was a bad idea.

I learned that the costs of doing everything 100% legal, was going to cost me some ridiculous amount, and I lost interest.

At this point my morale was at an all time low.

...A few months later:

I decided that the 4age sitting there doing nothing could be better off in someone who actually wants to

I went on a cruise to Sorento with the club.

Few amazing cars. More notably e70van's ke70 panelvan he had done what i wanted to do.

talked me through how he did it, gave me some inspiration to continue on my project.

Only regret was I didn't have a ride in it.

Last week:

I decided that risking a defect would be worth it.

My Dad and Brother helped me put the 4k back in to get it rego'd.

Hooked up the 4k again, it was perfect except for the obvious manifold gasket and the distributor had bad points.

Cleaned out the engine bay, and the undercarriage.

IMG_0555.jpg

IMG_0553.jpg

Found the usual rust, and the tail lights were cracked and the front left parking light, The front tyres were worn but Brent had a spare set lying around.

I also found that all the seats were different colours under the seat covers, eg. The back seat had a really nice vinyl blue, and the back was a cloth tweed grey.

Finished what we could so far:

IMG_0554.jpg

IMG_0563.jpg

I've just bought some Red fender mirrors and some jap tail lights that will be going on soon.

Well done for reaching this far if you managed. :(

Edited by bAKER

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

web.jpg

I found this on some random website, its pretty much perfect.

Red stripe, white and chrome everywhere.

that looks so good, bllody japs have the best ideas

Good to see another standard ke70 on australia's streets keep up the good work bud :(

Edited by SLW42

Hey Mate nice ke70 you have there, If you have intentions of putting speakers in youre front door cards let me know as I have a front pair of indentical cards with holes for speakers in very good condition if youre interested.

th_S5002140.jpg

The repalcements

th_S5002147.jpg

Kepp the updates coming :(

Fixed the seatbelts: ran a flame over the frayed threads, they looks brand new.

Cleaned out all ready for road worthy except for the lights that need to go in.

Dash has a crack on the top, and there is glue marks all over it, someone had glued a dash cover.

All the vents seem to be warped as well.

IMG_0584.jpg

Twin cam steering wheel I got from pick a part a while back, in perfect condition.

IMG_0585.jpg

I'm thinking about painting the dash black, or half of it where the sun has damaged it, thoughts?

IMG_0583.jpg

Got hit by the lawn mower...

IMG_0582.jpg

I'm not sure if it'll pass the roady with the cracked dash, trying to look for a whole new piece, haven't been very successful so far.

JDM tail lights should be arriving in the mail today!!

Edited by bAKER

I'm not sure if it'll pass the roady with the cracked dash, trying to look for a whole new piece, haven't been very successful so far.

id be very surprised if they even looked at your dash for the RWC. shouldnt be a problem at all.

car is looking good, i recenetly got a twinky wheel as well, such a nice wheel to drive with!

wheel is a tad big, but about as good as it gets for standard legal wheels.

Didn't know you had a thread up mate. looking good. is that your property with the outdoor hoist??! if so, so jealous!

Should have asked me for a drive if you wanted :P I had to leave early from the cruise though, had my bball game at 3.30 :P

if you still need the parker lenses let me know.

re. the dash, they are pretty easy to come across at the local self serves. easy to change also, but if your worried about a rwc, buy a dash mat for it :y: you will have no issues at all then.

id be very surprised if they even looked at your dash for the RWC. shouldnt be a problem at all.

car is looking good, i recenetly got a twinky wheel as well, such a nice wheel to drive with!

wheel is a tad big, but about as good as it gets for standard legal wheels.

The wheel is slightly bigger that the stock one, just looks big in the photo haha.

Didn't know you had a thread up mate. looking good. is that your property with the outdoor hoist??! if so, so jealous!

Should have asked me for a drive if you wanted :blinks: I had to leave early from the cruise though, had my bball game at 3.30 :blinks:

if you still need the parker lenses let me know.

re. the dash, they are pretty easy to come across at the local self serves. easy to change also, but if your worried about a rwc, buy a dash mat for it ;) you will have no issues at all then.

It's dads :jamie:

Yea, I was going to ask you when you left. Ahh well.

Yea, I'll get a dash mat if I don't find a better one in time. I live in the middle of nowhere, goign to a local wrecker takes at least an hours drive south. Theres one at pick a part in campbellfield I might pinch too. Hopefully i can fine some 15" stockies there too.

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

JDM Tail lights finally arrived after 3 weeks in the mail.

Bought a tacho dash arrived from Sydney in a week.

And a new Drivers side parker light from e70van which arrived in 1 day.

IMG_0657.jpg

The plugs didn't match so I had to rewire them, and the wiring was done so the passenger side lights were hijacking the drivers side from the power plug. Is this normal?

IMG_0655.jpg

I left it basically the same way, fixed up some of the bad connections made it tidier, seems to work alright.

Tail lights in comparison.

Used armour all spray stuff to make the bumper blacker, worked really well I think.

IMG_0654.jpg

Sprayed rust killer on most of the rust patches similar to this.

I'm not sure whether I should keep the Black strip along the side or not either.

IMG_0656.jpg

Photos seem to make it look 100x better than it actually is, can't see any dirt on it, haha.

Next week I'm going to be fixing all the rust spots and then it's off to be regod. ;)