Nancy The Ke70

bAKER

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some cockheads decided to work over some of my panels with a beer bottle while I was away... :bash:

They're not huge dents in the panels, just lots of little dints now, all over it.

Very discouraging.

Need a new bonnet desperately, and fill holes on the roof down to the back quarters. Didn't feel like taking photos :(

Needs a proper paint job -sigh... :sob:

On the Brighter side of things, my new tail light rocked up finally :D

Edited by bAKER

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

New door handle put in, old base snapped off. Fairly straight forward :wink:

AE71 Pedal box in today!

There is a link somewhere on how to do it, made it sound so easy... It is definitely not the case.

Steve and I proceeded to take the dash out to get at the pedal box, after the door handle was successfully tried and tested.

Brake booster nuts easy enough...

Steering column, much the same.

4 screws behind the vent pipes, what a ridiculous place to put a set of screws, not to mention how the vent pipes were mounted... putting them back in was 3 times worse than taking them out. Probably hardest thing I've ever done, haha.

After all the screws and bolts were taken out, the pedal box itself needed 2 people to "ease" it out from under wires and through dash and past the steering column.

Cut through a jungle of insulation, and found about half a kg of sound deadener sitting in the old auto pedal box, glued to nothing.

Decided it would be easier to take the pedals off the box before attempting to put it in.\

An hour or 2 spent measuring and making templates for the hydraulic clutch hole in the firewall, which were about 4mm out and needed to be filed etc. wasn't too bad.

IMG_0823.jpg

The interior light doesn't work anymore either. :hmm:

Auto ke70 with a clutch :laff:

Engine going in hopefully after school has finished...

This ordeal is by far the hardest thing I expect to do on the corolla. Just glad it's done.

Steve and I proceeded to take the dash out to get at the pedal box.

Probably hardest thing I've ever done, haha.

Lmao. i love how you wrote that. :D I've done two pedal box conversions now and i thought the exact same thing! The first pedal box i did I was thinking to myself "this is a shit of a job, this damn car better be worth it in the end"

Then i did another pedal box.. because it IS worth it :)

Sucks about the panel damage baker :( At least it didn't have fresh paint when it was hit!

Hey,

Yea people these days.

Definitely needs a respray.

Just fixed a few squeaks and some lenses in the past few weeks. haven't got much to do atm no funds etc.

Got a donor ke70 slanty.

Rescued a flip rear view mirror and some chrome window seals.

Fixed tacho, interior light and generally cleaned up the interior a bit.

At the moment my focus is on getting the 4ag up to scratch for the car.

Started cleaning out the new dhla40 dell'ortos c/o Hendo.

Didn't think they were photo worthy. haha.

Need a few things for it atm.

New gaskets for the carbs.

Injector plugs

Headlights

Drivers side parker lense

If I get any of these More progress to come ;]

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update on how she's going. ;]

Getting some new tyres put on the front wheels, and change a drivers side wheels bearing that is well and truly destroyed.

Gonna change them over on Friday.

4wd spec.

IMG_0845-1.jpg

Still looks tough on stocks.

IMG_0846-1.jpg

IMG_0849.jpg

Got some Autosol out, to see if I could get some shine out. 5 min job, came out well, dunno how people get the rims super shiney, looks like i'll have to get some cutting cream out. Unless anyone knows a better way? (Yes I'm going to take the bolts out to clean it properly)

IMG_0847.jpg

Also bought some cheap quad lights form Malaysia ;] Need new lights though I think.

Cheers guys.

WTF beer bottle dents!?!?!?!

Wankers. I had a minor nose to tail, almost laid the guy out, if he wasn't 60 I would of.

Looking sweeeeeeeet (sans dents), mine is getting some more low this weekend, thanks to a few beers and an angle grinder. :P

Keep it up.

Lucky bastard with the lift, insane jealous.

PS whats up with the matt black 20(?) in the background???

Haha, people suck :glare:

Don't cut too much out or you'll definitely reget it. this thing is not a passenger car, EVERYONE hates the ride. My GF always sighs when I say I'm driving it to pick her up. :laff:

Yea helps that my old man is a mechanic, he has 2 haha.

It's a 'rally' car my brother painted black for no reason at all, I think he wants to get rid of it. Just there because there's no where else to put it. We were going to do stuff to it, but it has a shit tonne of rust.

Update sort of...

Got new cheapo tyres, they slide so much, its terrible. Wet day today, the front was sliding more than the back. :n:

Painted brake calipers red haha. I'm so cool. :yes:

IMG_0857.jpg

And Chrome window strips, they're ALOT better than the old black ones.

IMG_0858.jpg

How she is:

IMG_0856.jpg

Quad lights are coming! :dance:

EDIT:

THe new tyres on the front look massive compared to the back, no idea why. =\

Edited by bAKER