Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Nancy The Ke70

Featured Replies

  • Author

Went to Autobarn today, had a nice chat with the Evski. The guys there had no idea about the HIDs. They said that the ones they sold me were hids, but they're really bright normal h4s, they didn't come with the voltage ballast converter things.

I'm gonna take them back, put normal h4s in for the moment and buy a proper kit from ebay.

 

Still don't know which ones to buy for the quads though...

 

I want 2 parker/low beams. and 2 only high beams for the center. anyone know if it's possible to get these? Might even put this in electrical.

 

 

Also, more drama about the engine:

4k thermo blew, yesterday on the way home. Decided I can't be bothered looking for a new engine.

so I've decided to just put the 4age in, over Christmas. Waiting on injector plugs to arrive c/o Sam Q and I'm completely ready to swap it.

  • Replies 238
  • Views 206.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

a couple of my mates got hid high and low beam kits and they never use high beams!

 

you still can use H4 low beam/high beam globes and just wire it to use the high beams only.

 

edit - just go the pick a part for h4 globes. its only $1 entry :rolls:

Edited by Evan G

  • Author

a couple of my mates got hid high and low beam kits and they never use high beams!

 

you still can use H4 low beam/high beam globes and just wire it to use the high beams only.

 

edit - just go the pick a part for h4 globes. its only $1 entry :rolls:

 

So you're saying get 2 sets of high and lows, and wire the middle pair for high only? seems like a waste, haha. I guess I'd do it if I found a kit cheap enough.

 

I can get the normal h4 globes easy enough, I wanted the power of the HIDs.

I'm pretty sure youll need 2 pairs of ballast resistors to power 4 globes. so youll need 2 kits.

 

got hid driving lights and normal yellow high beams for the middle

  • Author

Update:

Pulled the Quads apart, how rusty they are..

IMG_0895.jpg

 

 

TAKING THE 4K OUT.

George disconnecting things.

IMG_0896.jpg

IMG_0897.jpg

 

Exhaust and tailshaft.

IMG_0900.jpg

 

Progress for today:

IMG_0903.jpg

Action shot

IMG_0904.jpg

Disconnected everything except the engine mounts (Dad is using the crane :( )

Tail shaft out

Exhaust off

Front light housings out, and beaver panel\

Condenser out

4ag unpacked.

 

The manifold on the 4age, guy I bought it off certainly knows what he's doing. Unbelievable. The silicon and glue was in all the water ducts(?) and in the head etc.

(I'm going to sell this RWD manifold with the pod filter etc. and TVIS plate)

IMG_0901.jpg

IMG_0902.jpg

 

Tomorrow:

 

4ag to be set up with gearbox bolted on.

-New thrust and big end bearings.

-Sand flywheel and clutch

-clean carbs

-Make gaskets for the carbs

Tail shaft needs the Uni joint put in.

Cut up the beaver panel for the Quads.

 

Other things that I don't remember at the moment :dance:

Might even have it running by sunday!?

wow. i'm going to guess you'll be in a different car for sunday. two day engine conversion is a tall order. i will however be very impressed if you do pull it off.

 

i wouldn't be worried about the rust on the quads, thats how you know they are genuine toyota. :P

  • Author

sandblasting them tomorrow morniong :y:

Hey big fella,

 

What's the step ladder for?

 

Car's on a hoist :blinks:

  • Author

Hey big fella,

 

What's the step ladder for?

 

Car's on a hoist :blinks:

 

haha, took the bolts out of the gearbox crossmember, and needed to close the bonnet haha

  • Author

Update:

4k 3sp auto out :wink:

IMG_0908.jpg

IMG_0924.jpg

 

New Cross member in, ready for the 4ag

IMG_0915.jpg

 

Cleaned her up. (I didn't paint it) New spigot bearing and a general clean out.

IMG_0918.jpg

IMG_0917.jpg

IMG_0919.jpg

 

Cleaned up cam covers, wire brush and sand paper.

IMG_0914.jpg

 

Sandblasted Quads.

Tried to put the gearbox and engine together, and I'm missing alot of bolts. Rang up a few people (Ben) and got onto Paul, who had a spare set of flywheel bolts for me. Thanks Paul.

 

Tomorrow she goes in! :dance:

Looking good man.

 

For the quads, i know a few guys runninga pair of 130w aircraft landing lights on the inner 2. and std H4's on the outter 2 lights.

  • Author

Looking good man.

 

For the quads, i know a few guys runninga pair of 130w aircraft landing lights on the inner 2. and std H4's on the outter 2 lights.

 

Might do that haha.

  • Author

Update:

She didn't go in today...

More bolts were lost, scrounging all day from cars around the place.

Gearbox finally on...

IMG_0925.jpg

 

George cleaned the carbs out.

IMG_0926.jpg

 

Manifold and injector plugs in (thanks Sam_Q and Hendo)

IMG_0927.jpg

 

Carbs bolted on

IMG_0930.jpg

 

Painted the Quads, ready to go in.

Took us all day to put the engine together because the missing bolts, and ran out of time before the get together at lazy moes. Definitely going in tomorrow!

nice build what size webers you running?

  • Author

DHLA40's 40mm Dell'Ortos form an alpha

Edited by bAKER

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.