• 2 weeks later...
Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Thanks guys!

I'm goign for not too over the top. but still out of the ordinary.

Chrome bars going on next, and hopefully some new paint.

If anyone has ideas on pinstripes I'm very impressionable at the moment haha.

Car still looks great Angelo. :y:

For the pinstripes, I reckon do what the KE70 CS Model came out with - 2 stripes up the sides from headlight to tailight, but in Black or Blue. :yes:

Josh :cool:

Thanks guys!

I'm goign for not too over the top. but still out of the ordinary.

Chrome bars going on next, and hopefully some new paint.

If anyone has ideas on pinstripes I'm very impressionable at the moment haha.

Everyones heard it all before but I believe keeping things visually clean and standard(ish) still makes it unique or standout if you prefer, particularly if its on an older car like this example. Chrome bars will look the business for sure!

Pinstripes?? Theres an abundance out there to choose from, you can get off the shelf stuff from autobarn as no one else stocks it or possibly a vinyl cutter (signwriter) or panelbeater may have old stock laying around. Ive put stripes on all of my cars, starting with the ae82, ae71 which was harder as I had to apply each stripe seperately while perfecting the gaps to replicate the originals and lastly a blue set on the ae92 which came out great.

Josh, A proper CS 1981 to Aug 1983 (non hicam badged) featured a single stripe. Colour of striping was determined by body colour. From September 1983 (hi cam badged)the flat fronts had the triple stripe which again was dependant on body colour :y:

A few examples for you, both easy to come across. One single stripe the other double black or blue would look the business :y:

762777DBB51B470C93FE6E002D995DA0.jpg

Resized640x480_011.jpg

What are you planning on paint wise, acrylic, 2 pack or?

Edited by Ben-89

I was going to get a sign writer to do the stripe.

It's going I be black to match the wheels.

I like the idea of a short thick stripe, from the tail lights to halfway through the rear door. I'm gonna throw some ideas into photoshop see how they go.

I was going to get a sign writer to do the stripe.

It's going I be black to match the wheels.

I like the idea of a short thick stripe, from the tail lights to halfway through the rear door. I'm gonna throw some ideas into photoshop see how they go.

Hmm I think I know where you going, will the design or colour choice be modern or 80's spec? Either way it should be good.

• 4 weeks later...

Hmm I think I know where you going, will the design or colour choice be modern or 80's spec? Either way it should be good.

Id really like to make her look as 80's as possible, but I'm so indecisive...

I really like how you have put this together dude, clean cut and no bullshit. wheels look ace!

Cheers, trying not to be a crazy drift car.

If you hadn't heard, the resident corolla makeover man Dan, is painting Nancy as I type this.

jriV3CEpcH63W.jpg