bAKER

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

haha my old beige rolla, all the stickers and the mad house lip are gone. its so loud with the silencers out aye?

Very loud!! I love it though haha. Thought it looked better without the front lip cos you can now see the nice shiny white caster brace peeking out from under the front. :D

Update long overdue....

Some people may know I've been having troubles with the "doityourselfcomputergizmo"

I successfully installed the computer, and mapped out the computer, with some load discrepancies (which will be fixed when I have her sparking properly).

The problem I'm having at the moment:

Computer reading that, at "real" rpm, It's sensing a second spark and thinking its at "fake" 25000(twenty five thousand) rpm, so the computer automatically advances the spark, as it should.

Discovered that there is interference coming from inside the distributor.

And that's where I'm at.

• 2 months later...

Update:

Sorted out the main problems now.

The crank angle sensor was sending pulses parallel with the reluctor. removed the crank sensor, and reconfigured the computer slightly. Now sending correct spark pulses.

Need better insulated cable, The computer was sending spark messages, which began to oscillate just before the distributor. Carefully placed resistors confirmed this and allowed it to pulse correctly.

Managed to get her running on the weekend!

New better insulated cable going in on the weekend, mapping to be corrected, and she'll be running properly.

Bought a rear sway bar, and New LCA's good for 3degrees camber.

Left to do:

New computer wiring

Correct timing map

Install sway bar and LCA's

Install Bumpers

Get seats reupholstered.

She's getting there.

• 3 months later...