Pedders Suspension

Istartfires

I was looking at info on pedders and found this thought it maybe of interests

It was posted in 03 on toymods so things may have changed, I'm looking at getting shocks soon and found it interesting.

Now I don't know what to believe.

The big top secret Pedders does not want anybody to know is that their shock absorbers are made by Monroe. As we all know Monroe Shocks are way cheaper than Pedders brand

shocks and are the same thing with red paint on them instead of Monroe blue!! Their front end parts are all made in Taiwan, in the cheapest factory Ron could find, re-boxed

and re-badged with the Pedders logo on it and sold for top dollar their polyurethane bushes are made by Red Ranger (Nolathane).The icing on the cake is that Pedders own Rally

cars do not utilise Pedders shocks or struts they use Bilstein!! How is that for trusting your own products!!

Pedders foam cell 4x4 shocks are the biggest load of shit on the market as they have a high failure rate especially on coil sprung vehicles like Nissan patrols. I should know,

because all we did at our O'connor store was change over 4x4 shocks under warranty!! There were alot of unhappy Pedders customers.

Members dont see this ad

That top one if memory serves was from a grudge website from someone who made a couple of bad financial desicions and was trying to find someone to blame. Ron Pedder was the target, and the site (no longer active) was ripoffmerchant.net.

For what its worth, I've been using Pedders products in my road and race cars for years with no problems. I've been sponsered by Pedders for years, and have found the francise I deal with fantastic, and as I've had stuff go to Melbourne to be made, Melbourne has been great, too.

Oh, and the Pedders rally cars use Ohlins from memory, or they could be using MCA these days.

A bit like Dick Johnson using Mobil oil products for years, even though he was sponsered by Shell at the time.

Seriously, it's the internet, don't believe everything you read.

Edited by Redwarf

Its part of globalisation- nearly everyone has common components, from microwaves to washing machines. If you get it branded to your name its just part of the package and you work to make that name sell well.

You pay a lot for a good name, no matter how much better or worse than the opposition it is. You can't tell me McDonalds make the best hamburgers in the world, they just sell them the best!

pedders have done nothing but good things for me.. under no circumstances do i believe the shocks are rebadged monroes... the comfort gas shick is 10% stiffer than monroe gt shocks..

if they are rebadged monroes then why the difference?

foam cells i've nothing but good from them amongst 4wd owners i've spoken to.

but meh... believe what you will.

pedders have done nothing but good things for me.. under no circumstances do i believe the shocks are rebadged monroes... the comfort gas shick is 10% stiffer than monroe gt shocks..

Maybe Monroe made the shocks for pedders but with pedders specs and preferences,

I think I will be purchasing pedders.

+1 for everything wirtten above.

The Pedders outlet i deal with have always done good things and alot of the time go out of their way to help me out with whatever i require. From Coil spring insulators for my ute to the smallest bush on my corolla.

And Istartfires,

After posting this about them, now you will be buying their products?? :rolls:

+1 for everything wirtten above.

The Pedders outlet i deal with have always done good things and alot of the time go out of their way to help me out with whatever i require. From Coil spring insulators for my ute to the smallest bush on my corolla.

And Istartfires,

After posting this about them, now you will be buying their products?? :rolls:

It was a quote from a post in 2003,

I am trying to see if there was any truth in the post and what other people have to say about the pedders range that are using their products, and not just believe what I read in a 7 year old post.

It was a quote from a post in 2003,

I am trying to see if there was any truth in the post and what other people have to say about the pedders range that are using their products, and not just believe what I read in a 7 year old post.

Fair enough mate.

Kudos for at least checking for any truth :rolls: