Ca18 Ke35 Coupe

ca18rolla

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah i going to call tomorrow and see if i can get a spot. Havin my suspension done this week but still running the standard diff with a locker. Going to take a spare with me if i can get in. lol! Hope i can make the test and tune on the wed before jamboree if there is one.

• 4 weeks later...

Quick Update New suspension

Rear: installed a Anti tramp leaf, reset the pack and a extra leaf, New rear gas shocks and bushes

Front: Has a rear spring from a celica i think. Same size and everything but a softer spring, New front gas inserts, bushes, bump stops. Also new idler arms, Tie rod ends, balljoints etc.

The softer front spring is so it shifts more weight to the back and helps it squat

Also found at autobarn a H4 headlight conversion look pretty trick and gives you thge option for halogen bulbs etc. Post pics tomorrow

Its going for a rwc tomoorow can't wait To drive it there and get the girl registered!

Edited by ca18rolla

Got the bad boy registered on friday. Its all going well. Had hardly ant axle tramp and she hooks up very well. Transfers the weight perfectly. Would recommend trevor the owner at moorooka peddars to anyone!

Had a few races fuel injected V8 1 tonner Chopped it!

VN SS manual chopped!

Vz SS Manual Chopped

and my favourite VX HSV GTS (300kw) I Was pullin away in 3rd when he backed off.

Saving for hilux diff and new injectors then off to the 1/4 mile!

Edited by ca18rolla

• 3 weeks later...

Quick update. Retuned the rolla and put in some 580cc injectors.

12PSI- Made 277rwhp

Heading out to willowbank today to run a few passes so i ll post the result later as long as i can keep the diff in it for aleast a full pass.

Edit: Ran 13.27 babied it off the line to save the diff slow 60fter 2.375, 110mph which is good for a flat twelve easy

Edited by ca18rolla

hey man love the car its a beast!! did well mate!!! anyway quik question are your front struts standard or did you change it? my mates got a ke30 with a 308 injected motor in it he wants to put big wheels on the front and also wants better struts but he isnt sure how to go about it Ive heard corona struts conversion are the go but yeah if know of a good conversion post it up.

thanks mate!!!

P.S your car must be one hell of a ride!!!!

Standard struts with 60/40 shocks and a late model corolla or celica rear springs. The reason for this is so the front lifts and puts more weight over the rear to help it squat. We did the corona struts to a mates seems ok. When i do it i ll keep the standard struts and do a coil over conversion ($1200) that way all your steering geometery stays the same.

Yeah she is pretty nuts going back to peddars (free) for a little adjustment still tramps at the track of the line. Also rocks side to side pretty bad at 110mph