Is It Possible? 351 Powered Ke20

ke20rollin

when i ask can you slap a 351 into a ke20 i don't mean just drop an engine in and drive.

i mean engineered and road legal. most will say I'm a dreamer but honestly can it at all be done?

I'm not the biggest fan of turbo cars as fun as they may be the rumble of a v8 always gets me

i was thinking of doing this to my mk2 cortina which is of similiar weight, but come on, in a ke20 it would be the sweetest thing.

i know i can't legally put a engine bigger then a 2.0 in a ke20 and me wanting a 5.8 is a massive ask.

but if i was to only use the body of a ke20. for example, use an ford xe chassis, with a ke20 body and cut the chassis to fit.

anyone know of such a thing? IN AUSTRALIA not america. i don't want links to an rx7 twin turbo v8.

anyone know an engineer or someone that can help? let me know. id like to try something different

Edited by ke20rollin

Members dont see this ad

I'm not entirely up to speed with Ford engines, but, I think putting a 351 into a KE20 might be a bit of a hassle. Mainly due to the physical size of the 351.

I think the 351, either Windsor or Cleveland are 90 degree V8's. To get one in your engine bay you may have to modify the strut towers (at the very least).

Get a tape measure and see if you have the clearance.

I'm sure Ford do a 60 degree V8 of some description. Although I'm not a Ford person, I will freely admit Ford V8 engines have that great V8 noise missing in new GM engines.

There is a bloke on this site who has a KE20 with a LS1 in it (Johnno115). And it is registered. So I guess anything is possible.

Have a look in Engine Conversions to find his thread.

Maybe even send him a message about engineers and any tips?.

Edited by clubby2084

It will physically fit between the towers, will need to enlarge the gearbox tunnel. All the small block Fords are 90 degree motors, despite some poeple trying to say the Windsor is 60 degrees. For legality I am not 100% on Oz laws but my understanding is the only way you will get it legal is as an individually constructed vehicle (ICV) which is an absolute nightmare. If you were really serious about doing it you would be better to move to NZ, most of the ones you see getting around in Oz are either dodgy or were converted years ago so have retained their legality under older rules.

Callum

I'm not sure if its putting a 351 into a ke20, i think its more your trying to wrap a ke20 around a 351.

good luck with getting it legal, talk to an engineer. they are the ones who decide what is legal or not. like reddwarf sais, the internet can't sign things off.

Short answer "no". Long answer, "maybe". You need to talk to an engineer, not the internet.

Quoted for the MF Truth!

Step 1. Sell your computer

Step 2. Talk to engineer

Step 3. Check wallet for 100,000 $100 dollar bills > if no Step 4. > if yes Step 6

Step 4. Check backyard for Money Tree > if no Step 5 >if yes Step 6

Step 5. Find Whore Wanted Sign in front window of Brothel

Step 6. Build Said Car >when finish Step 7

Step 7. Purchase Computer

Step 8. Tell us all about it and post pictures.

Please follow these simple 8 Steps.

School Holidays is next week?

Edited by cuzzo